Jennifer Lawrence's new Be Dior ad campaign

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Jennifer Lawrence is seen sporting the Be Dior bag instead of the Miss Dior in the new Fall/Winter 2014 campaign.

Attachments

• jennifer-lawrence-miss-dior-pantsuit-2014-fall-ad-campaign01.jpg
    jennifer-lawrence-miss-dior-pantsuit-2014-fall-ad-campaign01.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 1,090
  • jennifer-lawrence-miss-dior-pantsuit-2014-fall-ad-campaign03-788x1200.jpg
    jennifer-lawrence-miss-dior-pantsuit-2014-fall-ad-campaign03-788x1200.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 1,176
  • jennifer-lawrence-miss-dior-pantsuit-2014-fall-ad-campaign02.jpg
    jennifer-lawrence-miss-dior-pantsuit-2014-fall-ad-campaign02.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 1,064
I just saw this bag at the boutique and it's amazing!! Well made and very, very practical and functional. It has a strap so you can wear it crossbody or on the shoulder, but of course you can handhold it too.

TPF member DiorrificLady bought this bag:

http://forum.purseblog.com/dior/dior-winter-crazy-3-a-881207.html

Since Jennifer Lawrence is fronting this bag, I think that it will be here to stay for a few seasons. They usually don't invest in an actress to represent a bag unless it's meant to be around for a while. Plus this bag is for Winter 2014 and Cruise 2015, so it has already been extended for another season.

TPF member DiorrificLady bought this bag:

http://forum.purseblog.com/dior/dior-winter-crazy-3-a-881207.html

Since Jennifer Lawrence is fronting this bag, I think that it will be here to stay for a few seasons. They usually don't invest in an actress to represent a bag unless it's meant to be around for a while. Plus this bag is for Winter 2014 and Cruise 2015, so it has already been extended for another season.

Thank you AverageJoe (by the way, you're not so average!)!! You have an amazing memory. I always thought my first Dior bag should be the Lady Dior, but I really am smitten by the Be Dior bag. I saw a couple of pics of them at Fashion Week.

I really like how Dior thought of all the details in this bag, like how you can hide the crossbody strap hooks and that there are so many useful pockets. The bag also looks totally different crossbody or handheld. I haven't seen anybody here in NYC with the bag so I was wondering how well it was selling and how long of a shelf life it has. Thanks for your opinion!

Thanks for this thread averagejoe!

I tried the new Be Dior in the Dior boutique and I liked it very much! Very elegant and timeless design.
However, I noticed that the handles, ie the attachment of them on the rings looks different in this ad.
In the ad, the handle is directly attached to the bag’s body, whereas it was attached to another second (or even third?) ring when I tried it in the store giving the handle more space to the bag (so it was attached to a short chain).

Do you know whether the design of the handle attachment was changed by Dior?

I tried the bag in Milan’s boutique beginning of September and did not have any opportunity to try it again since then… But I noticed the different look of the handles in many ads since then and was wondering about that…

Many thanks for any insight you may have.

Best, Kayzee

Thanks for this thread averagejoe!

I tried the new Be Dior in the Dior boutique and I liked it very much! Very elegant and timeless design.
However, I noticed that the handles, ie the attachment of them on the rings looks different in this ad.
In the ad, the handle is directly attached to the bag’s body, whereas it was attached to another second (or even third?) ring when I tried it in the store giving the handle more space to the bag (so it was attached to a short chain).

Do you know whether the design of the handle attachment was changed by Dior?

I tried the bag in Milan’s boutique beginning of September and did not have any opportunity to try it again since then… But I noticed the different look of the handles in many ads since then and was wondering about that…

Many thanks for any insight you may have.

Best, Kayzee

The ones in the ads are the runway design. The way the handles was modified for the production models, so what you saw in the boutique is the production model. They made this modification because they wanted the handle to rest on the front of the flap when you carry the bag with the long shoulder strap. Without this modification, the handle does not rest fully on the flap when it is flopped over, and sticks out a bit abnormally, almost like when the Lady Dior's handles are dropped down (they don't drop all the way).

I like the way that they look on the ad and runway version more, but I guess it's not as practical. The bag still looks amazing.

The ads look terrific.. Especially love the signature Dior gray tribal stud earring & the
Dior yellow croc bag is divine

And as always Averagejoe, your threads & posts are always interesting & informative!!