Jennifer Lawrence and Miss Dior

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
I know that this was already posted in the Celebrities and their Diors thread, but these beautiful modernist ads deserve their own thread.

From WWD:

It’s a big month for Jennifer Lawrence. The spirited actress is nominated for an Academy Award for her turn in “Sliver Linings Playbook,” having already racked up a Golden Globe for the performance, and her first ads for Dior are slated to break in Numéro magazine later this month, followed by a slew of April titles worldwide.

Best known for her portrayal of rough-and-tumble teenager Katniss Everdeen in “The Hunger Games,” Lawrence displays sophistication and glamour in the campaign for the chain-handled Miss Dior bag. She wears looks from the spring ready-to-wear collection by Dior’s new couturier Raf Simons, showing off her long neck, her face occasionally veiled in netting.

Willy Vanderperre shot the ads with styling by Olivier Rizzo, hair by Anthony Turner and makeup by Aaron de Mey.

Attachments

• Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence 2.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence 2.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,029
  • Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 981
More pictures from the Celebrities and their Diors thread (thanks to dfry and bobobob for uploading the pictures).

Attachments

• jennifer-lawrence-miss-dior-campaign-04.jpg
    jennifer-lawrence-miss-dior-campaign-04.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 1,118
  • jennifer lawrence dior.jpg
    jennifer lawrence dior.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 883
SO GORGEOUS!!!!

i personally prefer the monotone photos.

net veil generally is used for formal looks, but in those photos, net veil doesn't looks "old" and "classic" anymore, but looks young,stylish yet elegant!!! :heart::tup:

Here are larger versions of the ads. They are truly stunning!

Attachments

• Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 830
  • Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence 2.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence 2.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 812
  • Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence 3.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence 3.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 953
  • Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence 4.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence 4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 845
  • Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence 5.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior Jennifer Lawrence 5.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1,248
net veil generally is used for formal looks, but in those photos, net veil doesn't looks "old" and "classic" anymore, but looks young,stylish yet elegant!!! :heart::tup:

I agree! The veils look so youthful and modern in these ads, which is unusual because they are usually associated with "old-world ladies".

I actually like the coloured images more, because they almost make the images look black and white except for the colour of the bag.

eminere™;24075239 said:
Yes, it's one of the focus colours for Summer 2013.

Thanks EM, haven't been here for a while so playing "catch-up". It is such a demure, dainty colour - my only concern is colour transfer. What are your opinions on this?