Jeans & stretching

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I've been obsessing over jeans lately. Guess it's more fun than thinking about my larger problems. Anyway, I bought two pair of skinny jeans - Rag & Bone and J Brand. Both are 98% cotton. When I got them home and modeled for DH, he thought the Rag & Bone were too tight. I pretty much agreed. Thought the J Brand were the keepers. After wearing them around the house for a couple of hours, I find they're somewhat hanging up on my boots and they feel like they're maybe going to be a bit too big after wearing more.
So I tried o the Rag & Bone again. Assuming they will stretch, I think the thighs will be ok. I think they're tighter than I want in the calves and I don't think I'll get much stretching there?
And the waist is probably at least as big as the J Brand.
I know a lot of people say buy jeans too tight. One website said you should only be able to get two finger in the waistband.
I don't want to be uncomfortable.
Uugh.......any advice?
It's not like I don't have any jeans; I just want a better pair.
I got these at Bloomingdales friends & family sale. Sale goes on until Sunday. I could go back there but I think I pretty much tried on everything that was high waisted and skinny.

I love Rag and Bone! I buy them because they are cut very slim through the leg and they do not stretch out much. For me, they keep their shape better than most. If you feel they are a bit snug, know that they won't give as much as other premium denim. Sometimes, trying on another pair in the same identical size may just vary enough to give the tiny bit of extra room you are seeking. I tend to try 2-3 pairs in my size before deciding on the exact pair. Good luck finding the best fit!

I love Rag and Bone! I buy them because they are cut very slim through the leg and they do not stretch out much. For me, they keep their shape better than most. If you feel they are a bit snug, know that they won't give as much as other premium denim. Sometimes, trying on another pair in the same identical size may just vary enough to give the tiny bit of extra room you are seeking. I tend to try 2-3 pairs in my size before deciding on the exact pair. Good luck finding the best fit!
so these are the ones - step hem. I'm 5'4" so they're longer on me
not sure about that bottom. they fit me tight like in the picture....almost legging-like. The waist is not particularly tight - almost seems like it could stretch out and be loose. IDK - I have calves that aren't skinny. Not as bad as Hillary ******* but not my best feature.

It's hard - if skinnies are too loose they wrinkle - too tight and they look kinda like leggings
9662944_fpx.tif

Attachments

• rag and bone.jpg
    rag and bone.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Rag and Bone jeans will stretch a little during the day, but not much. But if you take them off and put them back on later, or put the same pair back on the next morning, they go back to their original shape.

I love my rag and bone jeans but they give me complexes that I've gained weight because no matter what they are nice and snug the next day. :hrmm:

Reactions: sdkitty
so these are the ones - step hem. I'm 5'4" so they're longer on me
not sure about that bottom. they fit me tight like in the picture....almost legging-like. The waist is not particularly tight - almost seems like it could stretch out and be loose. IDK - I have calves that aren't skinny. Not as bad as Hillary ******* but not my best feature.

It's hard - if skinnies are too loose they wrinkle - too tight and they look kinda like leggings
9662944_fpx.tif

They are very cute! I haven't tried this style. Perhaps try doing a few deep knee bends or squats and see if they give just enough. good luck!! :smile:...

They are very cute! I haven't tried this style. Perhaps try doing a few deep knee bends or squats and see if they give just enough. good luck!! :smile:...
so I returned the rag and bone - they were really too tight. I got exchanged the JBrand ones of a size smaller. Hopefully these are a winner