Jeans stretching after wear - any solutions?!

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
I really struggle to find skinny jeans to fit my shape and finally found some that (seem to) fit me perfectly! Unfortunately though, after a few hours wear; they stretch out and go baggy - not a nice look - and after washing them, to back to normal and the whole thing starts over again :rolleyes: so frustrating!!!

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm thinking out of desperation that they is a magic spray to stop this lol, or is just a matter to just keep on looking for the perfect pair?

mary333

O.G.
Mar 27, 2011
Sunny Coast, USA
I really struggle to find skinny jeans to fit my shape and finally found some that (seem to) fit me perfectly! Unfortunately though, after a few hours wear; they stretch out and go baggy - not a nice look - and after washing them, to back to normal and the whole thing starts over again :rolleyes: so frustrating!!!

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm thinking out of desperation that they is a magic spray to stop this lol, or is just a matter to just keep on looking for the perfect pair?
I totally agree with you! I have the exact same problem. Skinny jeans are by far the worst for me as far as bagging. I do much better with boot cut jeans keeping their shape and they are my jean of choice purely for this reason but skinnies are necessary if I want to wear boots so here is what I do. For me, I only buy skinnies with elastic in them. I have found Paige and True Religion to be the best. In boot cut I love Jbrand but not in skinny. I try not to bend too much in my skinnies (how stupid is that?) and I take them off and fold them nicely when I am home, in between running errands. This gives them their shape back. I would never wear my skinny jeans if I'm spending the day sitting a lot, like in meetings or getting my hair done. I notice skinny jeans look great on other people but on me they're always bagging! I'm thin and don't have much of a rear so maybe that's my problem? I worry that in my skinnies I look bent over and baggy! So I stand up straight and keep pulling my pants up.

momhappy

Jan 23, 2013
I think that the amount of stretch really has to do with the composition of the material. I have a pair of J Brand skinnies that are 92% cotton, 7% polyester, and 1% elastane and they seem to stretch less (they also feel a little more stiff). I have some Paige Denim skinnies that are 80% cotton, 19% polyester, and 1% spandex and they stretch out like crazy (they also feel softer to the touch). Maybe look for jeans that start off feeling more stiff/structured? Or you could size down, which would make them more uncomfortable at first, but they might stretch to fit a little better?

redskynight

Sep 10, 2012
Canada
I hate jeans for this reason! I only have one pair in a size too small, so when they're stretched out they're my actual size.

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
My cheaper jeans always lose their shape, but all my CoH, 7FAMK, and J Brands have never stretched. Sure they'd get more lose/comfortable with wear after a day, but the next time I wear them, they're back in shape again. Even for a few pairs like my Levi's that really stretch out, I just pop them into the washer and dry them on high and they're back in shape...

Hessefan

O.G.
Sep 14, 2009
This may sound strange, but the magic spray comment made me think of spray starch. I have heard of people starching their jeans to keep them crisp - maybe it would work?