Jeans sizing question--Marc by MJ

downrabbithole

theatre fashionista
Jul 3, 2008
New York, NY
I just bought some Marc by MJ jeans. They fit like a dream at first, and after a washing and being on my period, they were a little tight today.

They need to be hemmed big time, but even though they fit pretty well at the waist and in the butt, I noticed some creasing UNDER the butt. I read somewhere someone saying that that meant the jeans were too tight, but they felt a little loose. I did some grabbing and sure enough there was extra material there. Has this ever happened to anyone else? How can I solve the problem? Do you think hemming will do it?

PS, i checked the pants by putting them on but not zipping them up to see if maybe I was in denial of my fatness...and apparently the sagging/creasing was worse if I didn't zip them up!

Last edited:

ahertz

O.G.
Jul 16, 2007
Santa Monica
Maybe it's just the cut of the jean? My MJ jeans don't do this (didn't do that...can't wear them right now!), but I purchased a slightly bigger size because I liked how they looked on my thighs better.

smooches

O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
This tends to happen to me will all jeans since I have no butt there is always extra materials there. I have a pair of M by MJ jeans and they fit pretty well. Maybe you didn't notice it before? After being washed all my jeans shrink a little but they go back to normal after being worn.

caarlyntryl

Fana des chausseurs
O.G.
Jul 7, 2008
United States / Italy
Sorry that I couldn't help, but did you order your normal size or did you have to size up/down? I'm thinking about getting a pair but I didn't know what size to order since I can't try them on first.

smooches

O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
I got a 27 in the M by MJ. I usually wear a 26 in other jeans such as Genetic/Anlo/Blue Cult. I like my jeans to fit snug but not so tight I can't breathe. HTH