Jeans, jeans, jeans

Hey, I'm a girl with a small waist and a big butt (it's the bane of my pantbuying life) and I love Citizens and Joes, both fit curvy girls well. Citizens are pretty long too - I'm 5'9" and in 3 inch heels some of my Citizens are still too long. But I don't think Citizens work all that well on girls who aren't really curvy (though True Religions look awesome, I'm so jealous of you girls who can pull them off!).

I agree with Fayden and others though that a good pair of designer jeans that really fits you is a great wardrobe investment. I wore my last pair of Joes until they literally fell apart - I bet I got 300 wears out of them easily. For a $150 investment, that's pretty amazing. And they ALWAYS looked good, I never had to worry about them. You don't have to spend a ton of money, just find a style and fit that flatters you regardless of trends. But if they do cost upwards of $130-150, just know that you'll wear them forever if they really fit.

My all time favorites are Seven for all mankind. They make me look like I have a butt.....since asians have flat derrière. Stay away from rhinestones. All my rhinestones seven jeans fell off.

My first pair of designer jeans were Joe Jeans. I also love AG 'the kiss'. My True Religion jeans fit great but after a while, that start to sag. So I bought me a pair of Paige Denim. Paige are suppose to fit great, but like all jeans, the start to sag. I'm starting to look for 100% cotton jeans. I'm tired of the stretch and having to deal with pulling up my pants. I want a pair of skinny jeans. The closest I have to them are my earnest sewn. Hudson jeans fit great tho I don't own a pair myself.

Just because the price tags are up there doesn't mean your jeans are perfect. I went to Saks to purchase a pair and rock and republic jeans and all the pair they had my size were defected. One leg was slightly twisted, one the back pockets were uneven and the other, the hem were different length.

If you are going to splurge on a good pair of jeans, make sure you examine it completely.

I wash my jeans inside out in warm or cold water. Once the wash is complete, I turn it back to the soak cycle and add downy. I do not put my jeans in the dryer.......I hang dry them. They will feel a little crisp but if you iron them, they will feel soft.

I love this site, but all the post I have replied to, I've notice I write a whole bunch.

Jinsun said:
My all time favorites are Seven for all mankind. They make me look like I have a butt.....since asians have flat derrière. Stay away from rhinestones. All my rhinestones seven jeans fell off.

That's odd. I have 5 pair of crystal 7s and no crystals have ever fallen off and unlike what I do with my bags, I don't even baby my jeans. And one of the pairs I soaked in hot water and dried on high heat and the crystals still stayed intact.

Bjara said:
Thanks, I just registered. Do you have to be enrolled in college to go to these events?

I just picked a jr. college that was closest to me. :lol:

nope! there was one this last tues/weds at ucla but there will be plenty more no worries! happy jean hunting! :smile:

my faves are 7fams, hudsons, joes, and chip and peppers. i have yanuks, citizens, true religions, and diesels too but i find that they don't fit as well as the four above.

mello_yello_jen said:
That's odd. I have 5 pair of crystal 7s and no crystals have ever fallen off and unlike what I do with my bags, I don't even baby my jeans. And one of the pairs I soaked in hot water and dried on high heat and the crystals still stayed intact.

Lucky you =(. Here's a picture of what happened to mine. So sad....

Attachments

• Seven1.jpg
    Seven1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Seven2.jpg
    Seven2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 41
mello_yello_jen said:

Yes ,I have 3 different crystal colors of sevens....I wash them, abuse them....never happened to me either....been atleast a year with them.

bjara...which area in Cali do u live?
Im in SoCal and there are a few small hidden shops that somehow sell designer jeans at half the price. Few of the jeans have minor defect in them so u have to pick those out, but most are just same as regular stores. They carry jeans from true religion, joes, antik denim, frankie b, disel....almost like everything. The two i know, one of them is in City of Industry/Puente hills, the other is in Alhambra. If u live close to those places u should check it out. Most jeans there run $50-$100 a pair.

My Sevens are my faves. I have washed mine several time and they still stay in shape just like when I bought them. They do go on sale. I recommend trying them out.

shihfan said:
bjara...which area in Cali do u live?
Im in SoCal and there are a few small hidden shops that somehow sell designer jeans at half the price. Few of the jeans have minor defect in them so u have to pick those out, but most are just same as regular stores. They carry jeans from true religion, joes, antik denim, frankie b, disel....almost like everything. The two i know, one of them is in City of Industry/Puente hills, the other is in Alhambra. If u live close to those places u should check it out. Most jeans there run $50-$100 a pair.

are you talking about appalet? if not, what's the one in alhambra! i live right there! well, really close. :smile: