Jeans, jeans, jeans

I wear American Eagle jeans only 'cause I'm on Weight Watchers and I don't want to spend $90 on a pair of jeans to have them be too big on me a month later. But hopefully by June I'll have some Paige jeans 'cause they sound awesome. But I like mine, they're very comfy, they fit well and look nice on me even though I'm a 12. Only thing I don't like is that their jean sizes run funny, they're cut a size or 2 smaller than normal jeans, like I was a 16 in the summer and their 16 didn't even zip and their 14 wouldn't go past my thighs, and now I'm swimming in the 16s and the 14s are starting to get baggy.

Hoodster777 said:
I wear American Eagle jeans only 'cause I'm on Weight Watchers and I don't want to spend $90 on a pair of jeans to have them be too big on me a month later. But hopefully by June I'll have some Paige jeans 'cause they sound awesome. But I like mine, they're very comfy, they fit well and look nice on me even though I'm a 12. Only thing I don't like is that their jean sizes run funny, they're cut a size or 2 smaller than normal jeans, like I was a 16 in the summer and their 16 didn't even zip and their 14 wouldn't go past my thighs, and now I'm swimming in the 16s and the 14s are starting to get baggy.

weight watchers = awesome. i lost 30 pounds without, like, even trying over the summer. i'm on it again as of this week. i gained about 3 pounds back, and i want to lose at least another 30, perhaps 50. i'm a 16 right now, i would love to be, like, an 8 or something.

Bjara said:
My problem with True Religion's is I am in between a 28 and a 29. 28's are way too snug, 29's are too loose. :evil:

OMG - it sounds like we are almost the same size. I have a pair of TR's that are 29's; but, they are big - then I got a pair of 28's and they fit great until they shrunk. :evil:

I am a 28 in all of my Paige jeans...I hope you can try some of these on and let me know what you think.

Bjara said:
What and where and how do I find a sample sale? LOL

i subscribe to topbutton.com and they let you know of all sample sales in your area! :smile:

a good one is undergrounddenim.com (i think that's their website.. if it's wrong i can look up the link for you later, bjara!:P) that's probably the best.. it used to be $70 a pair but now i think it's around $80 which is still good!

I wear AE jeans too, because that's all I can afford at the moment, lol. They're long on me though, so I have to get a petite size.

What do you on Weight Watchers? I've put on weight this past year, and I'd really like to get rid of it before summer rolls around.

Coach said:
I have a question about jeans, I'm really tall, so I'm constantly on the search for jeans that have a long inseam, but are still super cute.

Hi Coach, you must have a nice figure! I am 5'10 tall, and a size 8 with terribly long legs (I'm not kidding! my trunk is really short, sometimes I can look really funny!) and I'm constantly struggling to find jeans long enough. I would say that Miss Sixty and Diesel have some nice low cuts but don't go over 34 in length, which is really annoying.. so that's why I always shop for jeans in the US! The long bootcut from SFAM is really nice for me. I also own some superlong pairs of Notify jeans (made in Italy but almost impossible to find here), then a Paper denim super long (35 and something) and the longest pair I have is a People for Peace (with a big, flattering butterfly on the trunk). These are all quite expensive brands but I search them on the Internet and there are some sellers also on Ebay that are serious and do not sell crap. Last but not least, for that everyday jeans crave I go to Zara (it's a spanish low cost brand, I don't know if you have it in the US) and they produce copycats of high-end brands. If you go to the denim section you'll see that the back pockets are all "inspired" from other brands. They have nice long jeans and some interesting washes and they don't cost more than 50 dollars.

You can borrow some of my junk, ladies. I need a jean for my curvy hips and rear. I was told Joe's in the Honey version. Any other suggestions?

This thread has inspired me to go buy jeans! I'm heading to Bloomingdale's today to look. They always have a good selection. So not only does this forum have me buying more bags, but more clothes, too :lol:

I am a jean lover!!! Vlad thinks I am crazy.

I've always bought nice jeans because I am so tall (5'10) and I want the pants to flatter me well! I love True Religions, Rock and Republics, Yanuks, Joes. Typically, I wear a 27. I just hate after I wash them and have to do lunges around my room until they begin to fit again like I like them. But I have my 'jean man' who knows my body and fits me for my jeans, so I'm always getting new jeans!

That's right, Megs has a jean man who has a website (you are so lucky, megs). Did you gals check it out? Maybe he can give us all some advise.

heartfelt said:
i subscribe to topbutton.com and they let you know of all sample sales in your area! :smile:

a good one is undergrounddenim.com (i think that's their website.. if it's wrong i can look up the link for you later, bjara!:P) that's probably the best.. it used to be $70 a pair but now i think it's around $80 which is still good!

Thanks, I just registered. Do you have to be enrolled in college to go to these events?

I just picked a jr. college that was closest to me. :lol:

xikry5talix said:
I wear AE jeans too, because that's all I can afford at the moment, lol. They're long on me though, so I have to get a petite size.

What do you on Weight Watchers? I've put on weight this past year, and I'd really like to get rid of it before summer rolls around.

on weight watchers, you go to a meeting once a week (you have to buy meeting tickets, it's like $10 a week) and they give you all the materials you need to keep track of what you eat. based on your weight, you get a certain amount of 'points' to eat - a point is roughly 50 calories, but they're determined with a slide rule they give you based on a food's calories, fat, and fiber. then you write down what you eat and how many points it was. once you do it for a few weeks, you get really used to how many points the things you normally eat are and it's quite easy to keep track of.