Jeans getting baggy throughout the day?

Jan 22, 2008
All of my designer jeans get stretched out by the end of the day. It looks like I am wearing a diaper it is so bad. It also seems like they never get quite as tight as they were when I first buy them.

For instance, I bought a pair of 7FAM skinnies in a 25 and could barely get in them or move. Now, within an hour or two of wearing them they are falling down and lumpy and big in the butt. I haven't changed sizes, so what is the problem? I try not to dry them (though I admit I do sometimes for 20 minutes or so to get wrinkles out and hope they shrink?). How should I be caring for denim?

Is the mid day sagginess a problem with all denim or just the pairs I am buying? I would love to find a pair of skinny jeans that do not get stretched out and are not super low cut, they just fall off of me no matter what because the low cut ones hit me at a weird place.

DH suggested raw denim but I don't know about that. Any suggestions?

I have a similar problem. My jeans get saggy around the butt and backs of the thighs by the end of the day. I think it's the fabric, does it say "stretch denim"?

all of my jeans do the same thing, even my jeggings. i HATE wearing belts and with my jeggings or one pair of my regular jeans i have to wear a belt otherwise i would have a very embarrassing situation on my hands. or im constantly pulling them up which looks oh so graceful.

I have a similar problem. My jeans get saggy around the butt and backs of the thighs by the end of the day. I think it's the fabric, does it say "stretch denim"?

I don't think they say stretch denim, but they are 98% cotton and 2% spandex.

Does anyone make jeans that will NOT do this? It is driving me crazy. Should I just wear them once and dry them? I feel like that is just making things worse.

hmm, do you know the wash name of your jeans? The bagging-out problem does vary by wash, so you may just choose to avoid that wash (or that generation of the wash, if it's a long-running one like New York Dark) or size down further in washes that tend to bag out. Would you be willing to try rigid denim? While some of the 7FAM rigid washes do loosen up a bit with wear (which is good for me, because my butt is a pants size bigger than my waist!) they won't bag out as badly as some of the stretch washes do.

hmm, do you know the wash name of your jeans? The bagging-out problem does vary by wash, so you may just choose to avoid that wash (or that generation of the wash, if it's a long-running one like New York Dark) or size down further in washes that tend to bag out. Would you be willing to try rigid denim? While some of the 7FAM rigid washes do loosen up a bit with wear (which is good for me, because my butt is a pants size bigger than my waist!) they won't bag out as badly as some of the stretch washes do.

This pair is the Rinse wash I think. I am willing to try just about anything, do you have any suggestions for rigid denim? I am not very familiar with it.

what kind of those jeans fabric? how many % elastic in the fabric??
i find the less elastic like 2% the less saggy they get....but 100% cotton would also sag a tiny little bit.

All of my designer jeans get stretched out by the end of the day. It looks like I am wearing a diaper it is so bad. It also seems like they never get quite as tight as they were when I first buy them.

For instance, I bought a pair of 7FAM skinnies in a 25 and could barely get in them or move. Now, within an hour or two of wearing them they are falling down and lumpy and big in the butt. I haven't changed sizes, so what is the problem? I try not to dry them (though I admit I do sometimes for 20 minutes or so to get wrinkles out and hope they shrink?). How should I be caring for denim?

Is the mid day sagginess a problem with all denim or just the pairs I am buying? I would love to find a pair of skinny jeans that do not get stretched out and are not super low cut, they just fall off of me no matter what because the low cut ones hit me at a weird place.

DH suggested raw denim but I don't know about that. Any suggestions?
Maybe you give size 24 a try? I found some designers jeans sizes are little off this year.

Give smaller size a try, as long as you can button it then you are good to go .... I was surprise to learn that I need a size 25 in CE where as all my CE were size 26 prior!!

This pair is the Rinse wash I think. I am willing to try just about anything, do you have any suggestions for rigid denim? I am not very familiar with it.

hmmmm...there are a lot of varieties of Rinse (New York Rinse, the newer Indigo Rinse, I believe some pairs called simply "Rinse") so I'm not sure if one or all of them is specifically a problem in that area, but you might like to try some older-issue rigid styles, which also don't display quite as much vanity sizing :smile:

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
JBrands and AG's don't do this for me. Joes are the worst, they literally slide off w/o me unbuttoning them after a few hours.

My JBrands slide off me which sucks because I have a few of them which I love:sad:... The only one which haven't slid off are my Rag & Bone and Waxed.