Jeans for big thighs?

Jul 14, 2008
I have proportionately large thighs and most jeans will be too tight in that area. If I go up a size, then the butt and waist area are too big.

I know that joe's jeans make a 'curvy' fit, but I believe it's just their regular fit with a slightly smaller waist. Can anyone comment on Joe's in general? I've never tried.

What about hudson or blank nyc? I've seen these brands on shopbop but have no idea how they fit. Can anyone comment?

My favorite brand so far is jbrand, but I can only wearing their twill styles. I have a pair of their regular denim, and it is too small in the thighs.

I've tried paige and rag & bone and diesel. All very small in the thighs. Citizens and sevens are OK in the thigh (similar to jbrand) but the back pockets are incredibly unflattering on my butt for some reason.

Any other recs? I need a basic pair of regular jeans.

Joe's Jeans Honey are a curvy bootcut. They do fit well but I don't like the feel of Joe's denim because it is very stretchy.

You don't say what style you are looking for, but I have larger thighs and these are my favorites. I don't like super stretchy denim but some stretch obviously helps us out. ;)

AG Stilt and AG Stevie Jeans: these are both cigarette style, and depending on the wash some fit me very well whereas some are too big in the waist. I usually have good luck with these styles though.

James Jeans Twiggy legging jeans. They also used to make styles called the Randi (skinny) and Phillip (straight petite) but I don't know if they still do.

DL1961 Angel Ankle Jean: Some of these do run slim through the thigh but if you can find a more forgiving wash, I love these because their denim usually holds everything in without giving the appearance of sausage legs. ;) DL1961 also makes a curvy bootcut style, but I can't remember the style name at the moment. I remember trying those on and finding they were too roomy in the leg even but they might work for you.

Gap real straight and ann taylor curvy fit. (I have athletic calves too and these styles slim thighs and make my legs look straight.) I also found one pair of gray skinny jeans at banana republic that worked well. Also try whbm slim, maybe nydj.

Go into the stores and try every fit, style, regular/petite/tall - they all fit differently. Ask an SA for opinions and recommendations, but try on a lot of jeans.

I will say this is my biggest issue as well - but I am more straight up and down so I've found the issue more when jeans fit my thighs there's then the problem of TONS of material around the hips so when I sit down they bulge out with extra fabric!, soooo frustrating!! The only jeans I have found that work well are Lucky brand Easy Riders, and Athleta jeans - they are great for more athletic women who have larger thighs from running or biking.

Would love to hear other suggestions!! Curvy cuts for me just give me too much fabric in the hips if they fit me lower down on the thighs!!

I have big legs (thighs, calves, all that) and my favorite jeans were Paige. I think the style was called Laurel Canyon or something like that, but I bought them about 6 years ago. My current favorites were quite a surprise for me: Denizen (by Levi's) skinny jeans from Target are some of the best-fitting jeans I've ever bought and have held up really well in the year since I bought them (better than the Paige ones even). I have them in the curvy and modern skinny. I prefer the curvy because they're cut bigger in the bum and thighs, but nip in at the waist.

I always have good luck with Ann Taylor Curvy fit. Over the years the quality of their denim has improved significantly and are almost on par with bigger brand names. They offer skinny, straight and boot cut. Good luck!

I find Hudson jeans to be quite large in the waist when they fit my thighs. Swear by Diesel now, but it definitely depends on the style --- lowky and bootzee/straightzee are very forgiving in the thighs.

Joe's Jeans Honey are a curvy bootcut. They do fit well but I don't like the feel of Joe's denim because it is very stretchy.

You don't say what style you are looking for, but I have larger thighs and these are my favorites. I don't like super stretchy denim but some stretch obviously helps us out. ;)

AG Stilt and AG Stevie Jeans: these are both cigarette style, and depending on the wash some fit me very well whereas some are too big in the waist. I usually have good luck with these styles though.

James Jeans Twiggy legging jeans. They also used to make styles called the Randi (skinny) and Phillip (straight petite) but I don't know if they still do.

DL1961 Angel Ankle Jean: Some of these do run slim through the thigh but if you can find a more forgiving wash, I love these because their denim usually holds everything in without giving the appearance of sausage legs. ;) DL1961 also makes a curvy bootcut style, but I can't remember the style name at the moment. I remember trying those on and finding they were too roomy in the leg even but they might work for you.

I second with DL1961 Angel cut denim! I especially love their DLpro material too.