Jean transfer can suck bricks!!! Wear your shoes without fear!

\\

Are u serious appleguard repelled coffee???? that is beyond wicked myabe i can buy a pair of suede shoes now. Do u wear them in the rain too????

Hi Angelie! I try not to wear anything but kid, nappa or patent leather in the rain, so, no I have not worn them in the rain. However, yes, the coffee was completely repelled, my EB Rolandos were 100% safe. Some might see it as overkill, but I ended up using an entire can of appleguard on two pairs of shoes.

Overkill? No way. I want my babies safe. Besides, the spray is from a distance (according to the directions you need to be at least 8 inches away), so the shoe is only misted.

As I said, my friend knocked over the contents of her coffee mug and there was a spill on my EB Rolandos, but it was completely repelled.

that sounds amazing!!!

me on the other hand... i stand about 1 inch away from my shoes and spray the heck out of them until they are literally drenched.... :P

Jimmy thanks for the tips! I have to get one of those kits!!
I think I know the kit you are talking about, but it's called Kiwi right? I'm googling kwik and can't find it :shrugs: I use Tacco, and it also gives good results!

^we have our own weird habits!!!

i was scared too the first time i did it... cuz the leather turned a different color... but right back to normal once it dried!

Jimmy thanks for the tips! I have to get one of those kits!!
I think I know the kit you are talking about, but it's called Kiwi right? I'm googling kwik and can't find it :shrugs: I use Tacco, and it also gives good results!
Oops!! My bad. I just noticed that I put Kwik. You are correct, it is called KIWI!

Sorry!

Hi Angelie! I try not to wear anything but kid, nappa or patent leather in the rain, so, no I have not worn them in the rain. However, yes, the coffee was completely repelled, my EB Rolandos were 100% safe. Some might see it as overkill, but I ended up using an entire can of appleguard on two pairs of shoes.

I think thats pretty neat. I never realized that u could protect suede shoes even with products. I called my cobbler after i read ur post and he said as long as i don't get stuck in a downpour u can wear protected suede shoes out in the rain. The other things he said to avoid were blood, brake fluid and oil(especially on light colors).

No worries on me avoiding brake fluid and oil. Other than putting gas in my car, I do no other maintaintence work on it. I let "the guys" take care of it.

This is fantastic news, and one of the best thread titles ever! I haven't had any transfer yet, but I'm going to look for a kit in case it ever happens.

And the rain and stain repellent for suede is amazing - I once had a drink spilled on it (although it was clear, not coffee or anything like that) and the liquid just brushed right off. I'm sure if left on there long enough it would set in, but I caught it right away and there was absolutely no damage, not even any dampness on my shoes.