jean sizes

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. what does a size 27 jeans convert to? Like, size 4,5,6,7,??

2. generally a 4

3. Thanks!

4. no problem!

5. the sizes thing confused me a lot. usually i wear a 26 or 27 levi's depends on the style. but on my last purchase, i fit in size 25.
    and usually i go for size 2 or 4

6. i usually wear 26 but sometimes 25:biggrin:

7. I usually wear a size 27 but latley I have been purchasing size 26

8. I wear a joes 27, AG in 28 and paige...any idea how Goldsign runs? I think its the same designer that makes AG. Should I get 27?28 Help!

9. Yah, I think it also depends on the brand. I'm usually a 23 in SFAM but can fit 24 or even 25.

10. It also depends on the cut of the particular style. In most brands and styles I wear either a 28 or a 29 (I usually take an 8 or occasionally a 6 in American sizes) but I tried on a pair of Joes the other day and the 30 was too tight! :cursing: And I have an old pair of Parasuco 27's that fit fine. Sizing is so weird and non-standard.

11. this discussion is why it is SO hard to buy jeans online. I range from a 24-26, and that variation can be in 1 brand!

12. I had the same problem with Joe's. I wear a 26 in SFAM, Miss Sixty, D&G and Versace Jeans. I had come to believe that I was just a universal 26. I was SO excited to find a pair of Joe's at Marshall's in a 26 for $30. Now I need to drop 10 pounds if I want to wear since I can barely pull them on - never mind button them. Just when I thought waste-based sizes were more reliable too!

I had the same problem picking out jeans for my sister for Christmas the Lucky and Hale Bob jeans in 29 were a little big but she can make do while the R&Rs (also 29) had the most ridonculous fit ever. Way too tight in the thighs, huge in the waste. They were cut for Humpty Dumpty or something.

13. A 3 or a 5 juniors, 4 womens.

14. I wear a 24 in regular Seven (25 in A pockets) and 24 in COH, but my latest Goldsign (Frontier style) was snug even in 25. They run a little smaller than Seven, COH, AG, True Religion.

My new favorite jeans are William Rast skinny jeans. I LOVE the way they fit, and the legs are long and slim!

15. Hi guys,:heart: Please help, I dont understand american sizes:crybaby: Everywhere the sizing is different. I have orded jeans size 28" which I usually buy here in UK, but jeans were too big:confused1: And what are the numbers 1/2, 3/4 etc.? My waist is 27-28", hips 34-35", which number suits me?