Jealous

Mariah

Member
Dec 24, 2005
1,142
1
i did notice in one thread where someone got offended because a member said something about coach's quality. personally i don't have a problem with coach and i don't mind when someone says they don't like the brand. but i would be mad if someone acted superior because they had amazing bags...luckily there's none of that here!
 

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
12,532
49
Chicago
pursegalsf said:
Yup, I've read other threads that got way out of hand because someone had misinterpreted what was posted.
Then I guess we should try to post coherent and clear messages without passive-aggressive ambiguity. But if you're refering to a thread I participated in, I definitely didn't misinterpret anything. :idea:
 

Noriko

Member
Sep 13, 2005
4,119
33
37
Hawaii~
I've noticed something like that in real life. No one cares if someone is called a snob, well someone might care, but its not as bad as someone calling someone else trash :lol:

I hope that we can all get along in the long run, its all about the love of bags!
 

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
12,532
49
Chicago
I don't really think it has anything to do with "jealousy" as the original poster suggested, I just think people naturally want to defend their preferences and opinions... sometimes that defense isn't needed, but nonetheless, I think it's a stretch to say anything here is "out of jealousy."
 

Dani

Member
Feb 3, 2006
897
8
35
I haven't noticed it at all! I think everyone here ( for the most part) is really warm, open and friendly. Personally, I only have a couple of bags (a Botkier and Coach) and I adore them! I really love learning about designer brands, and I don't consider myself jealous at all. :smile: The girls here who have beautiful collections have never seemed uppity in the least bit, and honestly, I don't think many people have seemed "jealous." Also, if you're a fan of Coach, and someone puts the brand down, why shouldn't you be allowed to post your (positive) opinion?

:smile: anyways.

EDIT.

as usual, I agree with you IntlSet. :smile: You always have something very well thought out and pleasant to say.
 

Mariah

Member
Dec 24, 2005
1,142
1
IntlSet said:
I don't really think it has anything to do with "jealousy" as the original poster suggested, I just think people naturally want to defend their preferences and opinions... sometimes that defense isn't needed, but nonetheless, I think it's a stretch to say anything here is "out of jealousy."
i definitely agree. it's very easy to get defensive when you *think* someone does not agree with what you like
 

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
12,532
49
Chicago
To be totally honest, I'm curious what the intention of this post is. After all, is it really a problem? Here and there in any group online or offline there are little tiffs, little snags but nothing that gets in the way of the larger function. I think we're doing just fine, and threads like this just drudge up issues that really don't matter.
 

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
12,532
49
Chicago
Dani said:
as usual, I agree with you IntlSet. :smile: You always have something very well thought out and pleasant to say.
Ha! Thanks, Dani, you're too sweet. I was a little unnecessarily cranky with another poster on the Seller Watch forum but I immediately emailed her personally and apologized. This forum makes me so happy! We're like a big purse sorority. :love:
 

purselova34

Member
Jan 15, 2006
1,988
3
NJ
IntlSet said:
To be totally honest, I'm curious what the intention of this post is. After all, is it really a problem? Here and there in any group online or offline there are little tiffs, little snags but nothing that gets in the way of the larger function. I think we're doing just fine, and threads like this just drudge up issues that really don't matter.
I'm sorry if you think I'm causing trouble, I'm not trying to. I just thought I noticed something and wondered if it was just me. Clearly, more than one person agrees with me. Are they jealous? Maybe not, maybe yes. Maybe, or more likely, defensive as you said. I'm not trying to cause trouble. I :love: it here.
 

CoachKatie

Addict
Feb 15, 2006
971
0
Minnesnowta
I agree that it's all about one's preference on what designers/non-designers that they prefer. If someone were to come on this site and say something like, "designer bags suck" I think nearly all of us would say... "what? why?" People almost can't help but get defensive about the things that they like and own. It's just how people react. Some of my friends (in real life, mind you) dislike Coach handbags while I really like some of them... but when asked why they dislike them they say... "oh, I just do." Reasons like that upset me, it's like what is the point in telling someone that you hate something they really like if you don't have a reason behind it? Life wouldn't be... life... if people didn't disagree about things. More than anything, it gets you thinking. Sometimes conversations can get heated but when you sit and think about it, most of the conversations that occur on this board are a great deal of fun.
 

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
12,532
49
Chicago
purselova34 said:
I'm sorry if you think I'm causing trouble, I'm not trying to. I just thought I noticed something and wondered if it was just me. Clearly, more than one person agrees with me. Are they jealous? Maybe not, maybe yes. Maybe, or more likely, defensive as you said. I'm not trying to cause trouble. I :love: it here.
No, I know you're not! Really, I don't think you are. And you're right, I may disagree with you and am totally oblivious but other people do see your point of view.

Anyway, not trying to police! To each her own thread, right? We can keep out of it if we don't like it.
 

Dani

Member
Feb 3, 2006
897
8
35
IntlSet said:
Ha! Thanks, Dani, you're too sweet. I was a little unnecessarily cranky with another poster on the Seller Watch forum but I immediately emailed her personally and apologized. This forum makes me so happy! We're like a big purse sorority. :love:
haha, seriously! :smile: It's got such a nice vibe going on.

and it serves as an excellent distraction, when I can't sleep and I'm being totally lame and trying to write rhetoric theory papers at 3am on a saturday night! :-P