Jealous friends and your love for LV...

Firstly ~ Congrats on your Roses pochette!! I'm glad you went ahead and bought it, I remember your thread considering it!

I had a similar experience with a friend recently, we have shared a passion for all things designer for years, only recently i sold her my Ellipse MM. Since she recently separated from her husband she hasn't had the finances to shop like we used to, and has had some personal dramas, but it has now got to the point where she gets annoyed if I carry anything new, we were out with a group of friends, and I carried my Mirage Griet and one of the girls commented on my bag, and she said "Oh yeah tell them how much it cost - $5250" so of course they all gasp in horror, I was really upset with her.... but it taught me never to discuss any of this with her again.... seems she has suddenly become judgemental and jealous of my spending bec. she can't do it anymore, and I understand to a point, but to yell out what my latest bag cost was a little tacky of her.

I just wouldn't share cost with anyone if I were you, and I wouldn't sell to your friend anymore either. If anyone asks I just avoid it, with my family I just say "oh couple hundred" lol....

$5250? do your thing! lol

but yeah, i dont think i will share anymore. i mean, he never gave me a reason to not share with him. it was weird
i think i will keep it to myself and if he ask, just brush it off. i think it is tacky to say it out loud because they, your friend and mine, nows it is expensive. people these days are just insane!

you got the rose pochette for only 401USD???? im jealous. its $500 in the US

altho the Uk just had a price increase, europe is still way cheaper than america! i am an american in london, so i always compare. my orange keepall graffiti will be £895, which equals $1310 USD when i charge it to my american card. It's about $300 USD cheaper before tax in london! it good for me

First of all, congrats on your LV purchases!

In reality, people may get jealous when they cannot afford things that are categorized as luxury items.

It's sad that you have such people as friends. I would definitely stop letting him know on any purchase I made from now on if I were in your shoes.

$5250? do your thing! lol

but yeah, i dont think i will share anymore. i mean, he never gave me a reason to not share with him. it was weird
i think i will keep it to myself and if he ask, just brush it off. i think it is tacky to say it out loud because they, your friend and mine, nows it is expensive. people these days are just insane!

$5250 (Au) and while I know it's a lot to spend on a bag, it was my Holy Grail and the most gorgeous bag ever.... I can understand why it seems shocking, even when I started buying these bags I never thought I'd ever be willing to spend that much on one bag... but your perspective changes the more you acquire.... Even the Mahina XL is almost $5k here but somehow I end up justifying the cost, I know what you mean though.... she was the only friend that I thought I could share this stuff with, now I'm just in the "closet" with my addiction LOL!

$5250 (Au) and while I know it's a lot to spend on a bag, it was my Holy Grail and the most gorgeous bag ever.... I can understand why it seems shocking, even when I started buying these bags I never thought I'd ever be willing to spend that much on one bag... but your perspective changes the more you acquire.... Even the Mahina XL is almost $5k here but somehow I end up justifying the cost, I know what you mean though.... she was the only friend that I thought I could share this stuff with, now I'm just in the "closet" with my addiction LOL!

well, it is ur money to spend as you please. i mean, if you have the money and your not going into debt with ur spending, then you dont need to justify it. people ask why do i spend money on bags. i say because i can. do i NEED the bag? no. do i WANT the bag? hell-to-the-yea! haha
we all have our holy grails of bag and if it makes you feel good, then nothing wrong. plus, i've seen the bag, it is gorgeous.

one other thing, i hate when people say, 'you could give the money to charity?' my old housemate said that to me. i replied 'and how much have you given to charity this month?"

CASED CLOSED! lol

^
I agree. If you can buy it, have the money and won't be starving yourself for weeks and months and then living badly just to get it, then go ahead.

I am always happy when my friends (another group) buys and brings her bags and we all 'ooo and ahh' over it. We all know it costs in the thousands or near the thousand mark, and we are happy for them (who ever buys it). They work for the money, so they do deserve it.

Whilst another group is just like, "OMG, how could you? On a Bag?!" or can go "I love your bag, is it real? OMG, you bought a REAL one? I can buy 10 fakes with that" and then proceed into talking about your bag for the next 5 hrs, or those who say 'love your designer bag' and then talk behind you with others about how you are trying to show off. It hurts.

But for me, I enjoy my addiction, I buy (or get given) them within reasons. And I am not guilty. I am not mega rich, nor am I damn poor. I am in between, I work hard to get the things I want (either through work, or through gaining the marks parents want me to). If you are my friend, could you at least respect me and know that these bags don't come that easy, and each has a special meaning for me.

I don't have that many friends who appreciate my addiction, but what can we do? Carry the bags with pride and let those who wanna speak and talk behind me, go for it. It just shows the type of people you are.

^
I agree. If you can buy it, have the money and won't be starving yourself for weeks and months and then living badly just to get it, then go ahead.

I am always happy when my friends (another group) buys and brings her bags and we all 'ooo and ahh' over it. We all know it costs in the thousands or near the thousand mark, and we are happy for them (who ever buys it). They work for the money, so they do deserve it.

Whilst another group is just like, "OMG, how could you? On a Bag?!" or can go "I love your bag, is it real? OMG, you bought a REAL one? I can buy 10 fakes with that" and then proceed into talking about your bag for the next 5 hrs, or those who say 'love your designer bag' and then talk behind you with others about how you are trying to show off. It hurts.

But for me, I enjoy my addiction, I buy (or get given) them within reasons. And I am not guilty. I am not mega rich, nor am I damn poor. I am in between, I work hard to get the things I want (either through work, or through gaining the marks parents want me to). If you are my friend, could you at least respect me and know that these bags don't come that easy, and each has a special meaning for me.

I don't have that many friends who appreciate my addiction, but what can we do? Carry the bags with pride and let those who wanna speak and talk behind me, go for it. It just shows the type of people you are.

i said it before and i'll say it again
without us spending, the global economy will be worse off haha
but in reality, i rather u say to my face, 'how can u spend such money?' than say one thing in my face and another when someone else appear
i always say, if u had the money for it, u know u will buy it. one time someone said to me what if i didnt have the money for it. i replied, then i wont buy it. it is not a necessity.

one thing my housemate does not realize is that i do give money to charity several times a year. if i am going on a trip and i want a friend to come, but they cant afford it, i take them with me and the only thing i ask for is that they have fun. i have brought my americans friends with me on trips to europe with me to visit me and i pay for everything. i never ask for it back because i rather share with my friends than spend it alone. i have taken my europeans friends with me to america for the same reasons. just to have fun and i never ask for it back, never mention it after. even tho i splurge on myself all the time, i am uber selfless and he acts like i am some spoil *****. i am a *****, but not a selfless spoiled one. he knows that i am a given person, so why say such things cuz i buy nice and expensive things

AAAH, he is driving me to have a margarita at 4am here lol :cursing::cursing::cursing:

the odd thing about the jealous ones is that most times i see them nickel and dime their way out of a luxurious splurge.....I spend more on less items nowdays! im streamlining! de cluttering! (hows that for a good LV excuse!)

~Most of my close friends cannot comprehend the rationale behind my passion for LV:s. I learned to keep quiet around them and only share w/ my friends here in tPf:heart:.

Sorry you had to go through that! Chin up and just enjoy your LVoe;)~

~Most of my close friends cannot comprehend the rationale behind my passion for LV:s. I learned to keep quiet around them and only share w/ my friends here in tPf:heart:.

Sorry you had to go through that! Chin up and just enjoy your LVoe;)~

My closest friends are the same. My very best friend tells me all the things she could buy with what one bag costs :rolleyes: - so I stopped sharing with her years ago.
This has become my outlet to share too!!

~ Ugly Betty - I never did get into that one! I only just discovered that you can watch all the Hills series online!

I've been watching DVD series of Gilmore Girls this week LOL~ I love it......Rory doesn't even appreciate her Pink Birkin :nogood::P