Jaw Reduction Surgery - In Seoul for 10 days (Jan 19- 29)

hihayeah

May 5, 2016
Hi all,

I went to Seoul for a face-to-face consultation with the doctors for 4 clinics in Oct 2016 (tfd, cinderella, DA, cbk) and I finally have chosen a clinic for the operation. Let me know if anyone is around Seoul at the moment =)

It's my first day of my post-op (surgery happened 14 hours ago).

The most difficult moment is the first 4 hours after the surgery. The nurses don't allow me to sleep or to take even a short nap for the first 4 hours as I have to breathe out the anesthetic gas with deep breathes. Tons of blood coming out from my mouth. I felt so unhappy and I have a short moment that I wanna suicide with the attached pain. Tears dropping out spontaneously and I just blamed myself being so dumb by having such surgery. I just don't wanna recall this terrible moment.

Nonetheless, pains started to go away after 4 hours with the effect of the anesthesia leaving my body as the painkillers started to work well. And finally I can sleep.

Terrible moments happened as I cannot sleep well =( I got stuffed nose and sore throat as the tubes go through my nose and my throat during the surgery and it kinda hurt a bit of the tissues. I got running nose and some yellowish fluids come out of my nose the entire night but it's manageable.

My first night has finally passed and hope that my swollen face can go away asap.

I forgot to mention that I am coming to seoul alone without any accompany. I am so glad that I bumped into 2 chinese mainlanders in the clinic and they cheered me up after the surgery when they see me in deep pain. One of them are a chinese korean translator who came with another patient. Gratefully, he helped me to translate all my words to the nurses. He even cheered me up and asked for tissue paper and food for me without asking everything in return.

Last edited: