Java Tsunami

iamsita said:
Well...

This is currently a hot topic. We don't have all the facts. The press are just about hungry for any kind of news that screams "scandal" and they pounce on just about any quote from "sources". I would take everything with a grain of salt as I trust this said minister.

From the outside, it would seem that this government has not learned from past mistakes. But the truth is, setting up a warning system takes time and money. And the government hasn't had the time to breathe either. Not defending the government, because god knows they have their share of blunders, but the truth is, these things have been happening on top of each other, so everyone is literally scrambling...

Again, thanks for this thread. This forum is great :yes::heart:

you make very good points. The media loves a good scandal and it is the last thing everyone needs right now. There will be pleanty of time to discover that as the people are able to begin rebuilding their lives and getting past their grief.

Oh yeah, about those psychics... you have to understand the Indonesian/Javanese culture. Some (a lot) live by the predictions given out by these psychics, and some did come true... Me, I find them amusing.

BTW, seahorseinstripes, I'm in JKT too...