Japanese Nail Polish?

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
New York, NY
My friend flew to Japan today and knowing my nail polish addiction, offered to buy me a bottle or two while there. Apart from Estessimo TINS, I can't figure out what are local to Japan or East Asia brands. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I can think of ....
- Anna Sui, beautiful bottles
- Maquillage, a sub-line from Shiseido
- Jill Stuart, also lovely bottles, mostly pastel color
- Canmake, rather cheap and cute
- RMK, I have a few bottles, good quality
- Eternal

I'll say TiNS is a must-buy, their glitters are of very high quality, won't regret...:biggrin:

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
New York, NY
I can think of ....
- Anna Sui, beautiful bottles
- Maquillage, a sub-line from Shiseido
- Jill Stuart, also lovely bottles, mostly pastel color
- Canmake, rather cheap and cute
- RMK, I have a few bottles, good quality
- Eternal

I'll say TiNS is a must-buy, their glitters are of very high quality, won't regret...:biggrin:
Thank you. TiNS glitters are my top choice but I'll happily take whatever he brings me.

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
New York, NY
So to update, my friend was in Japan, Taiwan and maybe somewhere else.

I got Tins!! They're the first and second photo, from left to right, #90 the lips at 0 am, #706 Jeux d'eau, and #617 velvet temptation.

Also from Japan, a few glitters from color make #18, 30 and 28. Some homei polishes with lots of glitter, including some heart shapes and the pink and sweet nail cocktail collections from beauty world.

I wish you could see how pretty the glitters are but my iPad is sucking tonight.

Attachments

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
New York, NY
From I'm-not-sure-where come several xinling polishes, which are gorgeous shimmers. Numbers 14, 18, 36, and 41. Also two metallic finish polishes from BoBo, numbers 33 and 39.

Another xinling polish but a creme, number 39, in the heart shaped bottle. And a pink glitter t-sing polish which is number 32.

Also....two polishes from Taiwan. Number 35 from fantasy nail and number 12 from prorance nail, which is a pink chunky glitter apparently made in Korea.

The last photo is the whole haul. I was hoping for a Tins polish, maybe two. Being handed all this blew my mind.

And would you believe a straight guy picked all this out? I'm in shock.

Attachments

danilouwho

Nail Polish Addict
Jan 17, 2012
Boca Raton, FL
From I'm-not-sure-where come several xinling polishes, which are gorgeous shimmers. Numbers 14, 18, 36, and 41. Also two metallic finish polishes from BoBo, numbers 33 and 39.

Another xinling polish but a creme, number 39, in the heart shaped bottle. And a pink glitter t-sing polish which is number 32.

Also....two polishes from Taiwan. Number 35 from fantasy nail and number 12 from prorance nail, which is a pink chunky glitter apparently made in Korea.

The last photo is the whole haul. I was hoping for a Tins polish, maybe two. Being handed all this blew my mind.

And would you believe a straight guy picked all this out? I'm in shock.

What a fantastic haul! :woohoo::woot: I need some friends like him, hahahaha. Straight men that will voluntarily bring you back foreign/htf polish, they are keepers!

GhstDreamer

Lady Philosophy
Authenticator
O.G.
May 13, 2008
Near carnage alley
All lovely polishes!!! They're all so glittery and you're right - it's hard for me to imagine any guy took so much time and effort to select such pretty polishes! lol

I placed orders for some Jill Stuart polishes off of ebay (I believe they're made in japan) - I've only read good things about them so can't wait for them to arrive. It's always wonderful to hear about different brands from different countries. From your pics, I think I may have to try TINS!

taco

Jun 1, 2006
Great guy friend! He really picked a load of great polishes, congratulations on an awesome haul!!

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
New York, NY
Thank you. My friend is awesome and has fabulous taste. I've started swatching them and will try to post that before I go on a trip to see my brother tomorrow night.

I painted my toes with the copper colored xinling (18) and am impressed by how smooth the xinling and BeBo polishes are. I can't comment on the wear yet but they are highly recommended for color.

I'd love to know how the Jill Stuart polishes work out for you GhstDreamer.

GhstDreamer

Lady Philosophy
Authenticator
O.G.
May 13, 2008
Near carnage alley
Thank you. My friend is awesome and has fabulous taste. I've started swatching them and will try to post that before I go on a trip to see my brother tomorrow night.

I painted my toes with the copper colored xinling (18) and am impressed by how smooth the xinling and BeBo polishes are. I can't comment on the wear yet but they are highly recommended for color.

I'd love to know how the Jill Stuart polishes work out for you GhstDreamer.
Crossing my fingers, I hope they work out fine because on an impulse I ordered seven so they better be good! lol

I can't wait to see the swatches especially of the TiNS and Canmake - I'm very curious to see what they look like and the formula. I'm always happy learning about different np brands that aren't available in Canada and the US, though my wallet is not too happy.

GhstDreamer

Lady Philosophy
Authenticator
O.G.
May 13, 2008
Near carnage alley
kathyrose said:
Only one I know is Majolica Majorca.
I just went and google Majolica Majorca polishes and checked some of the swatches and omg, the colours look gorgeous (especially GR615, OR213 and PK412 - they really need to come up with some cute names)! This is getting dangerous - I must stay away from ebay...