January Book for Book Club???

LAltiero85

<3
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Does anyone know if we are going to have a January book for tPF Book Club? Just asking. If no one has made arrangements yet, we could start suggestions here.

Thanks!:heart:

I'd love to join the book club if possible! My suggestion is 'Water for Elephants' by Sara Gruen. I received this for Christmas, haven't started it yet. My SIL also received it and says it's amazing and she can't put it down...

I'd love to join the book club if possible! My suggestion is 'Water for Elephants' by Sara Gruen. I received this for Christmas, haven't started it yet. My SIL also received it and says it's amazing and she can't put it down...
I read it a couple of months ago, and I agree with your SIL. It was very difficult not to want to finish it once I started reading. I'd happily re-read it if the Book Club chooses it.

I will suggest Love in the Time of Cholera, by [SIZE=-1]Gabriel García Márquez. I am going to start reading it soon, and have heard really good things about it.

Here's the Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Cholera-Penguin-Great-Books-Century/dp/0140119906
[/SIZE]
Oh my gosh! That is my all time favorite book. I read it when it first came out maybe 15 years ago (maybe longer?) and I've probably read it 10 times since them. I even bought a new copy in hard cover b/c my old paperback was falling apart from overuse!

Thanks for all of your responses! There are some really great suggestions here! What do you think, lamiastella? What should we read next? Should we do a poll? I'm up for anything, guys!