Jan Marini Lash Intervention/Revitalash Off Market

Rondafaye

O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
I have been using Revitalash and it really, really worked for me. Now I see that Revitalash was taken off the market by the manufacturer, Athena Cosmetics, after FDA agents seized $2 million of Age Intervention Eyelash. Apparently, they contain "bimatroprost," which can cause swelling of the retina, inflammation, and reduced vision.

Anyone else use these products? Experienced side effects?

Oh, here's a link to the article:

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/news/ng.asp?n=81540-athena-eyelash-enhancer-cosmeceutical

Is this the stuff that makes your eyelashes grow? If so, I love it! I've never had any problems. Thank goodness I have an extra tube I haven't opened yet.

I read the article in your link, but I don't know if it's the same eyelash growing stuff I have or not. I can't tell.

I think Jan Marini also just introduced a new mascara.

I use Revitalash, and it was voluntarily pulled from the market by the manufacturer (Athena). Jan Marini's Age Intervention Eyelash was seized by the FDA, apparently.

Edit: Yes, it's the stuff that makes your eyelashes grow. I had chemo for breast cancer awhile back, and my eyelashes grew back thin and short and brittle. With Revitalash, they have grown to the point that they look great. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone else, but I went to EBay and bought two extra tubes.

I've always wanted to use this, but I never got around to it. My eyelashes are surprisingly long and thick compared to most Asian eyelashes. :s Oh well.

I hope no one experiences the side effects!!

so how do we find out if FDA has pulled our cosmetic products off the market, becuase if it werent for tpf I woulda never known which is a scary thing. i dont use this product... but just saying what if.

So, whats the consensus here? Is this product a hazardous no-go? I would love to try it if I knew that it was safe. I have teeny weeny lashes and barely there eyebrows!

So, whats the consensus here? Is this product a hazardous no-go? I would love to try it if I knew that it was safe. I have teeny weeny lashes and barely there eyebrows!
I still use it. I buy mine from www.skinstore.com

They have a notice on the website stating that the product has been reformulated and it's okay to use. It also says they pulled the original formula off the market in 2006.

I just started using mine, I got it from Athena directly last week (before the voluntary recall i guess?) and have used it for about 6 days now, and ALREADY I see a little bit more length and DEFINITE curling. Crazy! will keep you updated!