JAN/FEBR New Bal acquisitions

When did Bal make these backpacks? First time seeing this style. The color is stupefyingly good:loveeyes:
This particular one is from F/W 2016, color Bleu Rivage. There are many different styles of Bal backpacks. I like large leather ones with moto bag elements. This one caught my eye because of the color, and that was before I appreciated how lovely it was IRL.

It looks like they mostly market the backpacks to men, but there are also cutesy ones that are probably for women.

Reactions: saranga
Reactions: Deco
Continuing on, the Navy Village arrived. The photos not only didn’t do it justice, but actually made the color look faded and uneven, and the leather, nothing to write home about.

Well. Let me tell you. The color is a deep, saturated navy with a slight hint of blueish purple. The leather is like liquid silk. None of my other Bal bags are this silky. I’m a bit speechless.

A massive black matelassé also arrived. It’s huge and I love it.

029648DC-689B-4C87-B9D2-2B24815BAB9A.jpeg

66649B0B-AF16-4507-A628-688E1C124738.jpeg

E4BEB8C7-FA62-44B5-BA8C-3311A9204D1C.jpeg

Continuing on, the Navy Village arrived. The photos not only didn’t do it justice, but actually made the color look faded and uneven, and the leather, nothing to write home about.

Well. Let me tell you. The color is a deep, saturated navy with a slight hint of blueish purple. The leather is like liquid silk. None of my other Bal bags are this silky. I’m a bit speechless.

View attachment 5727830

View attachment 5727832

View attachment 5727834
The matelasse is lovely but that Village is phenomenal :love:

View attachment 5727830

View attachment 5727832

View attachment 5727834
The color on that Village is really quite lovely.

Reactions: Deco
Yes! Liquid silk. It’s just such An amazing bag. A heart stopper! :hbeat: It is a puzzle to me why this style was not released more widely. Wonder if the leather was just too difficult, maybe too expensive to access. :confused1:

Reactions: JenJBS
Well, been told it’s Nappa, which should make it the same as the original 01 FBFs, but I have a couple of those, and though they are softer than later chèvre bags, the leather on the Village is very thin, and seriously softer, smoother and silkier than any of them.
Apparently, it is polished calfskin (cuir)

Last edited:
Reactions: reovi and muchstuff
Absolutely. Started loving the First very late. Never thought it would feel big enough to me, but once I carried one, I realized how perfect it is. Perfect proportions, so easy to carry. (Also, happy that its corners are not prone to damage like the cities.) :happydance: