James Hobo - Coral or Light Grey?

~bastet

O.G.
Jun 12, 2007
I was in Nordstroms on Monday and I saw a James Hobo in Coral on the sale table. Clearly, the poor bag had been used, abused, and returned in a sorry state. It was way too mangled for me to buy. But, since then I can't get the bag out of my head! I liked the idea of the James satchel, but it was too big for me since I'm short. But, the James hobo looked great! So, now I'm torn. I love the Coral leather! But, it seems like I can really only use it in the spring or summer. I feel like I should pick a more 'normal' color, like the light gray, so I can wear it year round.

I'd get the Coral asap if I could get a good deal on it. But, $595 is a lot for a bag that I can't use year round, since I just bought a Brooklyn crossbody not long ago.

Thoughts?

Caught wind of this thread on twitter...home sick today.. :sad:

I am simply obsessed with Botkier ever since I got my James hobo in black. Like mielikki, I'm on a little bit of a grey kick, but I think the leather would look TDF in coral. It is a lovely, lovely bag!

I have a good number of neutral bags, but only one gray bag. I'm loving the coral though. I think the determining factor will be what I can get on sale. :P

Depends on how much the coral is...you say it looks very used? Then Nord's better be selling it for a serious deal!
Otherwise, I'd say go for the brand new gray..

I'd say if you wear a lot of tans, browns, gold and other warm hues, go for the coral and wear it almost year round. However, if you are more of a black, blue, gray and purple, gal, then go for the gray or washed denim blue. Either way, you'll have a gorgeous bag!

I couldn't find a James hobo in coral anywhere, but I found one lonely looking James satchel on sale at Norstrom. I originally thought that it was too big for me, but I gave it a second chance and I love it! The coral color is perfect! Also, this way, if I want to grab the hobo in gray later, I can. ;)