James Allen Engagement Ring?

vickitoria

Jul 8, 2006
Hello ladies!

Me and my guy have been shopping for rings lately. We've looked at BlueNile.com and some other sites, but I think I really like James Allen. They have great reviews but I'm still a little hesitant.

Have any of you ladies purchased/received a James Allen ring, or any other online vendor ring?

If so, could you post pics? :nuts:

DH and I purchased a diamond from them for my e-ring upgrade for our tenth. Very professional -- everything went as planned. They're great.

You should also consider Whiteflash if you're considering a round brilliant, esp. I live about thirty minutes away from them and they did my 11th anniversary band -- 11 is my lucky number and is special to me. They also JUST did a right hand ring for me as well. Very good quality and easy to work with.

As said above, Good Old Gold also enjoys a great reputation. Have you checked out pricescope? Don't buy until you've visited and studied up on that website.

We got our ring from James Allen. They were great to work with and it's a very simple process. I'm not great at taking pictures of diamonds, but here you go.

Attachments

• JA.jpg
    JA.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 8,455
Definitely check out the forum at pricescope.com. I recently purchased a new e-ring setting and did all of my research there. You will find a ton of pics and reviews on James Allen plus a number of other well respected vendors.

I ended up purchasing a Tiffany 6 prong replica setting from exceldiamonds.com (aka SuperbCert). It's the closest Tiffany setting you can buy w/o having to buy your ring from Tiffany with the 40% markup! HTH

I purchased my engagememt ring from Good Old Gold. Which is a website www.goodoldgold.com, however my parents live ten minutes from them so I went to the store and bought it. Have you checked out www.pricescope.com, they have a ton infomation on diamonds, James Allen and other online vendors to purchase diamonds from.
I also bought my replacement e-ring from Good Old Gold and it was a great experience. Jon knows his stuff and puts his stones through about 100 tests before he puts them out for sale. He lives for cut quality. They also have a pretty great upgrade policy.

The only thing I don't like about James Allen is that they don't have a very good upgrade policy, if at all, on many stones.

If you are only getting your stone from Whiteflash, great, but their workmanship on rings sucks. I am sure they have made some folks pretty happy, but for anyone who expects a lifetime of wear out of their ring and a quality setting, they aren't someone I would ever recommend.

Also--there are other vendors that do the virtual loupe. Many of the Cut by Infinity Dealers do (highperformancediamonds.com is one, dimendscassi.com is another), as does Whiteflash I believe. James Allen isn't the only one.

Last edited:
ladies, this was bumped by a spammer, it's 1+ yrs old.

??? I hope you didn't think my post was spam. When I reread it, I suppose it sounds spammy but I'm definitely not a spammer!!! I have spent The past few weeks researching e-rings and saw this thread on the first page of the jewelry forum. I was trying to share the info I just learned!

If you weren't talking about me, then please ignore this post.

Shopping online for engagement rings is the way to go because you save so much money, and James Allen has BY FAR the best images, the best customer service, and the most choices of ring styles and diamonds. What I like best is that, if you call customer service and ask to speak with Jim, you are actually going to speak with the founder and owner of the company! How cool is that? I saw to go with James Allen. Their new website is ay-may-zing.