Jaeger LeCoultre Rendezvous Vs Reverso

roseroyale

Mar 15, 2017
Hi all,

I am wanting to buy a Jaeger LeCoultre but I am a little stuck on which one to go for. I love the Rendezvous and the Reverso (I love a few others but let's not get carried away!).

The two I am considering are -
17631071_1_640.jpg 17631364_1_640.png17631364_2_640.png

I do like the stainless steel bracelet and prefer it to the alligator but I have been told that in the Reverso it looks 'quite mature'. Would it be better to go for the alligator, would that be a more modern/softer look. The Reverso has manual winding and the Rendezvous is automatic.

Which one would you go for and why? If you have these I would love to see some pictures. I've found it very hard to find pictures of the Reverso with the stainless steel bracelet being worn. Also, I am not able to try them on at the moment as the UK is in lockdown.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Hi all,

I am wanting to buy a Jaeger LeCoultre but I am a little stuck on which one to go for. I love the Rendezvous and the Reverso (I love a few others but let's not get carried away!).

The two I am considering are -
View attachment 4906704 View attachment 4906705View attachment 4906709

I do like the stainless steel bracelet and prefer it to the alligator but I have been told that in the Reverso it looks 'quite mature'. Would it be better to go for the alligator, would that be a more modern/softer look. The Reverso has manual winding and the Rendezvous is automatic.

Which one would you go for and why? If you have these I would love to see some pictures. I've found it very hard to find pictures of the Reverso with the stainless steel bracelet being worn. Also, I am not able to try them on at the moment as the UK is in lockdown.

Any input would be much appreciated!

My single piece of advice is when given the option always choose the bracelet. The reason being is that if you ever want to wear the bracelet at a later date, the dealer will be selling you the bracelet at a huge premium.

You are much better off getting the bracelet and buying yourself an alligator / croc strap from your dealer / other source so that you can switch between the two whenever you want to switch up the look.

As for the watches, I’m very partial to moonphases so I love the rendez-vous. But the reverso gives you two distinct watch looks so it really depends which you value more. If you don’t care for a moon phase, I would recommend the reverso!

You won’t regret either one. Both are top-notch watches from a renowned Maker, respected in the horology universe. Here is some food for thought: The Reverso is an absolute classic, and iconic for the brand. As was pointed out, the Reverso Duetto gives you 2 looks in 1 watch - very practical for travel, and day-to-night. I don’t know what “quite mature” means for the Reverso with bracelet. IMO the bracelet looks a bit more casual, and thus youthful. If you’re only getting one, go for the iconic Reverso. The Rendezvous is a little less special. JLC uses good quality diamonds on their watches, so you’ll find the Rendezvous to look very sparkly in real life.
I have both, with the bracelet, because that is better for my climate. My RV doesn’t have a moonphase, and the Reverso Duetto is an older model.
Good luck with your decision!

yay - something I can contribute to (I need 5 posts to start a topic to get help haha). Hands down get the reverso if you don't have one. It is one of the icons of JLC and holds its own even in collections with A Lange and Patek.

The Rendezvous is a great pice but it is very generic whereas the Reverso is the icon. At the end of the day, get what speaks to you but from someone deep into watches (trying to learn just enough to get a Christmas present/purse right) this is my advice.

Thanks for all the input and views on this. I've read through them a few times and have decided I will go for the Reverso with the bracelet. The more I look at them, the more I like it. Although I may go for the Rendezvous (or another round face watch) in the future. @JolieS I was worried the Rendezvous would be quite sparkly so it's good to know that that is the case!

I'm glad you decided on the Reverso. I have the reverso duetto in alligator strap. I wasn't too keen on their bracelet version and love the look of the leather better. I got another leather strap to change up the look at well. The watch is a classic and very unique in itself. It's a timeless piece that won't go out of style. The fact that it's a manual wind is also very appealing. It might sound weird to some people but I find it kind of meditative to just wind my watch daily. Please show us your watch when you do get it.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Christofle