Jaeger-Le Coultre - which model: pros and cons

aaa_1188

Apr 6, 2009
Singapore
Hello love ladies,

This is my first thread on The Jewelry Box sub-forum.

I am thinking of getting a JLC watch, I have tiny wrist and like my watch not to be too overwhelming or else it will look like the watch is wearing me instead of I am wearing the watch.

I have narrowed my choice to the following and would appreciate your opinion on them.

1) Reverso Duetto Duo - White gold case on leather strap ref: 2693420

2) Reverso Duetto - Stainless steel case on leather strap ref: 2668150

3) Reverso lady jewellery - Stainless steel case and strap ref: 2658140

Thank you!!!

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Hello love ladies,

This is my first thread on The Jewelry Box sub-forum.

I am thinking of getting a JLC watch, I have tiny wrist and like my watch not to be too overwhelming or else it will look like the watch is wearing me instead of I am wearing the watch.

I have narrowed my choice to the following and would appreciate your opinion on them.

1) Reverso Duetto Duo - White gold case on leather strap ref: 2693420

2) Reverso Duetto - Stainless steel case on leather strap ref: 2668150

3) Reverso lady jewellery - Stainless steel case and strap ref: 2658140

Thank you!!!
For JLC's Reservo range, most of the models come in 2 sizes for ladies. The pic that is shown in #2 is the smaller version whilst the pic in #1 is the bigger version. You can tell from the numbering style on the dial.

Aside from that, the difference between models #1 and #2 is the former has 2 different time zones (one on each face) whilst the latter is only a single time zone for 2 faces.

For #3, the reverse side has no dial, it's plain back is meant for engraving.

If you have a small wrist, the smaller version would be more suitable. I love the dual face reverso. :smile:

aaa_1188

Apr 6, 2009
Singapore
For JLC's Reservo range, most of the models come in 2 sizes for ladies. The pic that is shown in #2 is the smaller version whilst the pic in #1 is the bigger version. You can tell from the numbering style on the dial.

Aside from that, the difference between models #1 and #2 is the former has 2 different time zones (one on each face) whilst the latter is only a single time zone for 2 faces.

For #3, the reverse side has no dial, it's plain back is meant for engraving.

If you have a small wrist, the smaller version would be more suitable. I love the dual face reverso. :smile:
Thank you so much Ms Piggy!! I love number 2 :P but have trouble locating one in at where I am. I just checked the specs on number 1 it is two dial one movement but I believe the back dial will change from morning to night .... I should start saving for one.. :yahoo:

Last edited:

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
The one you like Duetto and the Duetto Classique are actually very similar except the former is smaller in size and the latter is larger. Obviously the dials on both watches (both front and back) are slightly different. But both have white faces on the front and black faces with diamonds on the reverse side.

aaa_1188

Apr 6, 2009
Singapore
Yes, that is precisely why i like them, the classique's white face does not have the diamond on it and the duetto duo has diamond on both sides and have two time zone and I believe sligtly bigger.

Last edited:

mudmud

The Orange Wiggle
O.G.
Oct 13, 2006
The Reverso Duo is pretty.

It depend on what you need. If you want a watch that you can wear both day (casual) and night, the one with one diamond side is perfect. During the day you could wear it without bling, and at night if you go to dinner, just turn over to the bling side :smile: Very clever design.

And if you don't mind bling even during the day, go for for the double-sided diamonds!

Get the smallest version though since your wrist is tiny.

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
IMO the Reverso Duetto range is classic and elegant. Like what mudmud mentioned, it's a watch that goes from day to evening/night. I like the simple white face for day and the diamond trimmed one for sun down. For a mechanical time piece with an in-house movement from one of the most esteemed horological houses, it is extremely well priced. A very good investment piece.

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I understand from my SA that they are expecting a price increase (around 5%?) for Jaeger time pieces in April/May. The last round of price increase was in 2008.

aaa_1188

Apr 6, 2009
Singapore
Yay!! I went to the JLC boutique this evening (see how smitten I am :P), and the SA told me that it is indeed slated to increase in April.

they have the Reverso Duetto Classique in steel, but only willing to give me 20% discount whereby other watch shop told me that they will give me 25% discount. I mentioned this to the SA, she told me that the directo boutique will give 2 years warranty whilst I am not able to enjoy the same from authorised retailer.

Just wanted to find out :
1) whether is this true that the authorised retailer don't give 2 years warranty whilst the boutique does?
2) does a new JLC needs any repair for the first 2 years? if so, it is kind of worrisome as this is going to be my first mechanical watch and I am totally noob about them.

TIA for all the advice.

Lyanna Stark

Out of Control
O.G.
Dec 24, 2006
Does anyone know which country is this brand cheapest in, after discount? I've been wanting one for a long time but kept getting sidetracked. :P