Jade Edith - What would you do?

Oh that sucks!!! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I would definitely seek to return the bag. The manager said what she did, but the end result is that they did sell you a defective bag and it is unacceptable. I would talk to her again and return it. You don't need to do business with a place like that.

After sending them the pictures, here is what they wrote back:

Hi,
The dots in the leather are natural, and occur on many of the Chloe
bags. All of our sale items are final.

Kirna Zabete

I'll try to see if I can get the mark removed from the outside. Not exactly sure what I can do at this point. They refuse to believe that the bag came that way. Obviously they didn't do a good job inspecting it.

^ Hmmm, if I were you, I'd pursue the matter.

From what you say, you didn't put the mark there and if you didn't, you don't have to tolerate it; especially as you bought it remotely, without seeing it.

They are breaking the law, as the remote customer is legally entitled to an inspection period (in the UK, it's two weeks).

If you have the bag cleaned, you will no longer be legally entitled to a refund, BTW.

After sending them the pictures, here is what they wrote back:

Hi,
The dots in the leather are natural, and occur on many of the Chloe
bags. All of our sale items are final.

Kirna Zabete

I'll try to see if I can get the mark removed from the outside. Not exactly sure what I can do at this point. They refuse to believe that the bag came that way. Obviously they didn't do a good job inspecting it.

I've never seen 'dots' like that!!!!:s

Yes - sale items usually are final, but not if they are received not as described.

As chloehandbags said, you bought it 'remotely' which means you didn't get to see it before you paid for it. Now, whether it's a sale item or not, you still don't deserve to be sold a faulty bag!

NAP had some faulty bags which were sent out to customers from the Fall Treats sale, and as far as i'm aware, they still took returns.
Because, when you buy something on the internet, you have a right to inspect it before making a final decision, no matter how little, or how much, an item costs.

I would definitely get in contact and let them know that you intend to take matters further, as you are not happy with the way the situation has been handled.

IMO, their customer service stinks!!!:cursing:

I going to file a complaint with BBB, hope they will issue a refund. But if they offer a store credit, what can i do? I really don't want to spend my money there anymore. Advice appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry to hear such disheartening news! Since they won't offer you add'l discount on the defective merchandise, the best way to do it is if you ask your SIL to dispute the charges with her credit card company. Kirna Zabete will then receive notification of that dispute. I also ordered a jade edith from them about a week before you and it arrived in great condition. It appears those marks are caused from the black sealing on the edges of the leather - maybe it didn't dry completely before it got smudged or something. Good luck and keep us updated of any progress!

Well so i trekked all the way down to the store with the bag, as requested by the store manager Sharon, to show her the marks. The first thing she said when i pointed out the marks was "Are you kidding me? You need a magnifying glass to see that!" She kept insisting that the leather IS suppose to be that way and refuse to budge. She mentioned how she used to be a handbag buyer and seen tons of bags that way. She said that is the nature of the leather dye she would not take it back. Plus the marks are in the inner pocket and nobody can see that. Perhaps i'm too picky about my bags, but i can't help staring at the marks everytime i look at the Edith. Sharon kept repeating that the marks on the leather are like blemishes on the skin (wtf?). Well i told her a cow wouldn't just grab a marker and draw on its own butt.

Sharon told me to go ahead and file my complaints with BBB and DCA (dept of consumer affairs), and she'll deal with the government when the dispute comes in.

I'm so upset about their service and attitude. Remind me never to buy anything on final sale, ever again! :sad: Now i'm out almost $800 and stuck with a bag that i'll never use. *sigh*

Well so i trekked all the way down to the store with the bag, as requested by the store manager Sharon, to show her the marks. The first thing she said when i pointed out the marks was "Are you kidding me? You need a magnifying glass to see that!" She kept insisting that the leather IS suppose to be that way and refuse to budge. She mentioned how she used to be a handbag buyer and seen tons of bags that way. She said that is the nature of the leather dye she would not take it back. Plus the marks are in the inner pocket and nobody can see that. Perhaps i'm too picky about my bags, but i can't help staring at the marks everytime i look at the Edith. Sharon kept repeating that the marks on the leather are like blemishes on the skin (wtf?). Well i told her a cow wouldn't just grab a marker and draw on its own butt.

Sharon told me to go ahead and file my complaints with BBB and DCA (dept of consumer affairs), and she'll deal with the government when the dispute comes in.

I'm so upset about their service and attitude. Remind me never to buy anything on final sale, ever again! :sad: Now i'm out almost $800 and stuck with a bag that i'll never use. *sigh*

OMG - that is disgusting...i can't believe they have responded the way they have!!:wtf:
The mark on the outside is quite obvious, IMO.

But, i did have to laugh at the bit you wrote above about the cow drawing on it's own butt...:roflmfao: Sorry:shame:

Hopefully, your next experience with sale items will be more pleasureable? :s

(I bought a paddy from the NAP sale and i was totally pleased with the service, and the bag.:yes:)

What is your next plan of action?

The store's response is terrible and unacceptable.
You should dispute the charge, you were sent an item that's damaged and/or defected.

I am sorry to hear this, I hope everything will work out.