Jacquetta Strap Length ?

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
I have always loved the Jacquetta, although I understand it is now discontinued.
For those of you who have seen/own one, are the straps long enough to go over the shoulder? I have seen the drop listed as 7 inches, which seems very short to me.

Bagshopr, I'm sorry that I'm too lazy to go and take a measurement of my Jacquetta's straps, but I thought it was around nine inches. I carried mine a lot throughout the winter over my heavy winter coat and had no problems, it's a gorgeous bag!!!!!

The jaquetta I got from the xmas sale ( since returned) had a drop of about 20cm. It would fit over my shoulder ok over a jumper or t-shirt but I had to really shove it on my shoulder over a coat. It might become easier with time as the leather slouches and stretches a bit (mombugs jaquetta was an older model second hand so probably has a bit more give in it)
I'm a UK size 12 with 'average' arms I'd say!!!!

Why not try a Mollie, the straps are quite a bit longer and fit over the shoulder. they are rolled straps and personally I don't find them all that comfortable but that's just me.

Thanks, mombug. Now do you have small arms? Mine are average to large. I don't have a bag with the 7 inch drop that I can compare to.
I do have small arms, but around here during the winter, our coats turn us all into the Incredible Hulk. I wear some pretty heavy coats in the winter, and had no trouble. I like to wear down vests during winter as well, and as puffy as they are, I was still able to carry Jacquetta with no troubles. I do always seem to have the problem with the one strap falling down, but that is with every shoulder bag I have.