I spy return of Jackie!

Dates and types of Jackies and Bouviers (most of this is quoting myself from the Gucci Information Thread)

Approx. Jackie/Bouvier Time line

late 1958 - Bouvier first made

early 1961 - Jackie (like the Bouvier but with a wider gusset and piston lock) first made

1970s both variations available

late-90s mini Jackies (not as small as 2020's mini)

mid-00s Bouviers and Jackies available, Bouviers in some incredibly detailed embellishments on Ltd. Ed. variations

Late-00s (2008?) New Jackie launched (the very large size scaled down in 2010)

2011 original jackie re-launched with extra length in shoulder strap

2014 - Jackie Soft launched

2020 - Jackie 1961 (re)launched, including a mini version

I don’t know for sure but it looks like just closure to me. I have an old gg canvas hobo with just the closure and it was a fabulous bag I used to death. I normally like zippers but this bag was an exception. Totally loving these new Jackie’s in all the colors!

Thanks for the reply, very helpful. I’m really tempted to get it in the yellowy/buttery color - for some reason it reminds me of the seventies!

I’m also planning to get the marmont flap in the emerald green. I’ll probably get this one first and then the jackie :biggrin:

Reactions: snibor
This place is dangerous - I just bought a brown leather Jackie crossbody on The Real Real for $245. Will share pics when I get it!
Excellent call. The prices of pre-lived Jackie’s will likely go up. That’s what happened with Dior’s old saddle bags. Shortly before they launched out the “new” saddle I had the opportunity to buy a pre-loved saddle for $199 (no one wanted it. It wasn’t “in”). Now prices are sky high.

Reactions: Ryan
Excellent call. The prices of pre-lived Jackie’s will likely go up. That’s what happened with Dior’s old saddle bags. Shortly before they launched out the “new” saddle I had the opportunity to buy a pre-loved saddle for $199 (no one wanted it. It wasn’t “in”). Now prices are sky high.
That's assuming the new Jackie will be as popular as the Saddle. Dior's Saddle campaign was heavily funded and coordinated with social media influencers. The Saddle was also given a new chic look with a cross-body strap. The Jackie has a cross-body version with a very long strap, but it's not the same as the sold-separately straps that Dior has sold like hot cakes. If Gucci repeats the marketing blitz that the Saddle had, they may not see the same success given the current economic climate with COVID-19. All this may affect the resale prices of Jackie bags.

That's assuming the new Jackie will be as popular as the Saddle. Dior's Saddle campaign was heavily funded and coordinated with social media influencers. The Saddle was also given a new chic look with a cross-body strap. The Jackie has a cross-body version with a very long strap, but it's not the same as the sold-separately straps that Dior has sold like hot cakes. If Gucci repeats the marketing blitz that the Saddle had, they may not see the same success given the current economic climate with COVID-19. All this may affect the resale prices of Jackie bags.
True. And I hadn’t thought about COVID-19. I just love these new Jackie bags. And I could kick myself for not buying that preloved saddle. Lol

True. And I hadn’t thought about COVID-19. I just love these new Jackie bags. And I could kick myself for not buying that preloved saddle. Lol
I sold a Saddle years ago on Ebay for $100. It was a black nylon Saddle in perfect condition. Not a single scratch on the hardware. I wish I kept it. I could have used it with one of the new straps. Sigh...

I sold a Saddle years ago on Ebay for $100. It was a black nylon Saddle in perfect condition. Not a single scratch on the hardware. I wish I kept it. I could have used it with one of the new straps. Sigh...
Don't feel bad, we all have one of those. I sold my Fendi baguette also on eBay for change, it has like brand new. Luckily I kept my Jackie.