Jackie and Bouvier Bag Club!

Hi there,
Sorry for the delayed response I had to get into the safe where I keep my handbag receipts. I purchased that Jackie O bag in January 1999. Enjoy your bag.
thank you for the information and going out of your way to find out. wow, 1999!!! That makes me a proud owner of a 21 year old bag that still looks awesome!

Just got a Gucci mini Jackie. I posted it on the another thread but here it is!!!
A14DCB22-4669-44A0-A823-BD02E5DBA268.jpeg
3DA12BBF-6E1C-43FA-B6B2-0135CBF88F66.jpeg

Also, for all the current Jackie 1961 owners... Is it normal for the holes in the buckle to be stretched? And the leather to be so wrinkled?

0F6F3B9F-1758-477D-B42B-29DD7D649D0B.jpeg6F844C91-236B-4479-8320-B7B61E259BDD.jpeg98FFD368-34BC-4692-BC77-565A03EDE636.jpeg

I feel like the extending strap thingy’s buckle also isn’t straight, and I’ve been trying to straighten it but it defaults to the side. Do you guys think it’s an issue I could/should go back to Gucci about???

89FAAF03-DCEA-4214-83F5-5BEDC3DE16DB.jpeg

Attachments

• 64D6851D-9054-4788-B1AA-8BE806F8BB36.jpeg
    64D6851D-9054-4788-B1AA-8BE806F8BB36.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 15
Just got a Gucci mini Jackie. I posted it on the another thread but here it is!!!
View attachment 4893896
View attachment 4893897

Also, for all the current Jackie 1961 owners... Is it normal for the holes in the buckle to be stretched? And the leather to be so wrinkled?

View attachment 4893898View attachment 4893900View attachment 4893899

I feel like the extending strap thingy’s buckle also isn’t straight, and I’ve been trying to straighten it but it defaults to the side. Do you guys think it’s an issue I could/should go back to Gucci about???

View attachment 4893901

I always take what a tPFer is saying very seriously regards faults because I agree a bag (anything) should be perfect for the crazy money we pay.

I've tried the bag on 4 times in store in different sizes. I am finding it difficult to find fault with your bag from the pics, as it look normal to me.

I expect the leather wrinkled from demonstrating how to change the straps. As it softens from doing it more often they should actually lessen. Could be yours was shown to a previous customer.

If it's convenient for you, perhaps pop in and discuss with your SA. S/he may be able to reassure you or show you another bag that hasn't been out on the floor ever.

Reactions: whyohhjay
I always take what a tPFer is saying very seriously regards faults because I agree a bag (anything) should be perfect for the crazy money we pay.

I've tried the bag on 4 times in store in different sizes. I am finding it difficult to find fault with your bag from the pics, as it look normal to me.

I expect the leather wrinkled from demonstrating how to change the straps. As it softens from doing it more often they should actually lessen. Could be yours was shown to a previous customer.

If it's convenient for you, perhaps pop in and discuss with your SA. S/he may be able to reassure you or show you another bag that hasn't been out on the floor ever.

Thank you for your reply! So to me this mini bag is kinda expensive for its size and it’s a canvas bag? So I kinda want it to be perfect. I totally understand the wearing on the belt area and I’m fine with that, but I’m pretty sure the tear in the stitch area (base of the bag) is not something that I’m ok with.

I actually contacted my SA about it (like the very next day) with clear pictures and she said that they’re fine to do an exchange! However, in my country the bag is kinda on like a preorder basis and they don’t have available stocks ready on hand. So their advice was to bring it down before the 14 days is up, and she will notify me if they’ve got new stocks available. Fingers crossed!

I reattached an image because I realise the tear in the stitch isn’t like obvious, so I kinda circled it out. Hope it helps show what I’m trying to say :smile:

60A583E7-75F9-4583-AB6A-46AFC3F5CD7E.jpeg

Thank you for your reply! So to me this mini bag is kinda expensive for its size and it’s a canvas bag? So I kinda want it to be perfect. I totally understand the wearing on the belt area and I’m fine with that, but I’m pretty sure the tear in the stitch area (base of the bag) is not something that I’m ok with.

I actually contacted my SA about it (like the very next day) with clear pictures and she said that they’re fine to do an exchange! However, in my country the bag is kinda on like a preorder basis and they don’t have available stocks ready on hand. So their advice was to bring it down before the 14 days is up, and she will notify me if they’ve got new stocks available. Fingers crossed!

I reattached an image because I realise the tear in the stitch isn’t like obvious, so I kinda circled it out. Hope it helps show what I’m trying to say :smile:

View attachment 4895193

Oh yes, I believe that pic was on a different thread. I advised you to change it because of that. That would bother me too.

Reactions: whyohhjay
Have been waiting for this bag to be made avail here. This is the small size. Tried on the mini red and it is the cutest bag imo. Felt like getting the red as well . The red is just gorgeous! Finally settled for the blue as i have quite a few red bags. The red is still calling my name thank you for letting me share.

Attachments

• C395B98C-25D7-471C-AACF-D732F74CE107.jpeg
    C395B98C-25D7-471C-AACF-D732F74CE107.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 27