Jacket for London in mid-Sept.

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Especially you London gals, help me zero in on my jacket piece for mid to late Sept in London, to function like a top layer/blazer. Rest of outfit will be dressy casual pants and tops, nice sneakers.

Which one of these?

lightweight, fitted lambskin leather moto jacket (black)
Eileen Fisher 3/4 sleeve heavy cotton knit (indigo)
jean jacket

I hope everyone says the leather jacket, but not totally sure weather/season wise. :smile:

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thanks for commenting. Forecast is looking mostly dry so far, plus I will have access to an umbrella. (I may add a thin rain jacket, though I’d rather not.)
I think something waterproof would be a good idea. It’s been unusually hot and dry all summer, but in the last week or so it’s suddenly feeling a lot cooler, and definitely autumnal. The only predictable thing about the weather in the uk is it’s unpredictability - no doubt that’s why we talk about it so much. Have fun! ;)

I think something waterproof would be a good idea. It’s been unusually hot and dry all summer, but in the last week or so it’s suddenly feeling a lot cooler, and definitely autumnal. The only predictable thing about the weather in the uk is it’s unpredictability - no doubt that’s why we talk about it so much. Have fun! ;)

Thank you. :smile:
So right about unpredictability, and since the rain jacket is minimal in weight I'll just pack it.

Reactions: Evia
Thank you. :smile:
So right about unpredictability, and since the rain jacket is minimal in weight I'll just pack it.
Am I too late to the party? Are you in London already? Still ridiculously warm actually, but a packable trench is a wise choice for traveling. You may want to use this trip as a shopping opportunity, :biggrin: and stop by aquascutum for their version of a trench that you can pack in its own pocket. I love mine -looking for a photo...

Reactions: papertiger
Am I too late to the party? Are you in London already? Still ridiculously warm actually, but a packable trench is a wise choice for traveling. You may want to use this trip as a shopping opportunity, :biggrin: and stop by aquascutum for their version of a trench that you can pack in its own pocket. I love mine -looking for a photo...

Haha! Looking forward to that photo! :biggrin:

Am I too late to the party? Are you in London already? Still ridiculously warm actually, but a packable trench is a wise choice for traveling. You may want to use this trip as a shopping opportunity,...

Thanks for chiming in. Yes ma’am, I’m in London and shopping is already in progress. [emoji39]

Leather jacket has been working out very well for daytime and evenings alike. Great weather so far! [emoji106][emoji254]