Jackass Star Ryan Dunn Killed in Car Crash

what makes you guys think they haven't received the lab reports?

Because lab reports from the coroner usually take 4-6 weeks after the autopsy is done. I think upthread that was even what the coroner said after the autopsy was conducted.

I hate when this stuff happens just because every outlet (even TMZ) is in a rush to be the first to report, that things do get erroneously reported. It's just frustrating and very sad.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but if he had to be identified by his tattoos (assuming not much face left) and the toxicology results aren't back yet, is there a way to get a precise BAC without using breath?

I am not exactly sure but I think they just need a little blood to test the BAC. The body has a lot of blood, I am sure there was no problem getting that. BAC tests are pretty easy.

BAC = blood alcohol content.

Because lab reports from the coroner usually take 4-6 weeks after the autopsy is done. I think upthread that was even what the coroner said after the autopsy was conducted.

I hate when this stuff happens just because every outlet (even TMZ) is in a rush to be the first to report, that things do get erroneously reported. It's just frustrating and very sad.

Pennsylvania’s West Goshen police department is confirming this.

I think FULL toxicology reports take 4-6 weeks, but I would imagine getting a blood alcohol level wouldn't be as hard to get sooner (I'm just assuming it's pretty much determined by blood) --

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b248716_police_jackass_star_ryan_dunn_was_drunk.html?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

In the end, fast and furious driving mixed with alcohol cost Ryan Dunn his life.

Police in West Goshen, Pa., have finished their reconstruction of the fatal June 20 accident and determined the Jackass star's Porsche 911 GT3 may have been traveling between 130 and 140 miles per hour in a 55 mph zone when it barreled through a guard rail into a ravine and slammed into a tree before bursting into flames.

Additionally, investigators confirmed the Chester County Coroner's toxicology results that show his blood-alcohol content was 0.196, two-and-a-half times over the state's legal limit of 0.08.

Sadly, Dunn's speed demon history makes the tragedy all the more predictable.

MORE: View the police report

Per Pennsylvania court records, the reality star had at least 23 driving infractions over the last 13 years from six different counties, among them citations for speeding and careless driving, driving an unregistered vehicle, driving without a license, two parking-related transgressions and a criminal mischief-damage to property citation.

Most of the infractions ended in guilty pleas.

E! News has also learned Dunn had two arrests under his belt, one in 2001 for a traffic infraction and another in 2005 after he was busted for DUI. The latter charges were dismissed however once he completed probation and had his license suspended for a year.

The impact of Monday's deadly crash was so violent an autopsy conducted by the Chester County Coroner's Office could not rule definitively if the 34-year-old daredevil and his 30-year-old pal, Zachary Hartwell, died as a result of blunt-force trauma or the subsequent fire that engulfed the vehicle.

A manager at Barnaby's of America, the bar that played host to Dunn and Hartwell just before the tragedy, tells E! News they are cooperating fully with the police investigation.

"It's an absolute tragedy," said the bar's manager (who did not wish to be named). "Both men were well respected and had many friends in this community. Our thoughts and prayers go out to their family."

Asked if he or his staff ever felt at any point that Dunn should have been cut off, the manager told E! News that Dunn "did not appear to be visibly intoxicated."

"That's why we are cooperating fully with local and state police," he said. "We've handed the surveillance video over to police, and every one of our staff has given statements to police about what happened that night."

Meanwhile, Ryan's heartbroken Jackass cohort Bam Margera gave his only interview on the subject of losing his pal to local Philly station Fox 29, saying, "I've never lost anybody that I cared about. He's my best friend.

"I was in Arizona with best friends having the best time with friends," said the prankster about where he was when he got the terrible call that Dunn was dead. "He was the happiest person—the smartest guy with so much talent."

Margera, 31, subsequently paid a visit to the crash site and has been huddling with his parents, who reportedly loved Dunn so much they considered him a member of the family.

"It is not right," a sobbing Bam told the station. "It was the worst phone call I got in my life."

As for Dunn's companion, Hartwell was an Iraq War veteran who tied the knot with his high school sweetheart a little less than a year ago. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, aside from working with Ryan as a production assistant on Jackass Number Two, he also served as a stunt driver in Margera's 2009 flick, Minghags.

Along with Margera, more than 50 people including several other colleagues and friends of Dunn's, drove out to the scene of the accident Monday to pay their respects, light candles and leave flowers.

A private funeral for Dunn is scheduled for Wednesday to be attended by family and close friends. No word yet on a public memorial, although one is said to be in the works.

—Additional reporting by Ashley Fultz and Katie Rhames

I think a lot of people didn't know what to think.
Yes there were the twitter pictures but he also has had a history of speeding (excessively). According to the Philadelphia Inquirer (http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110622_Ryan_Dunn_had_long_record_of_speeding.html), "In the 13 years before his death Monday in a fiery Chester County crash, Dunn was cited at least 23 times, including 10 stops for speeding and careless driving and three more for driving with a suspended license."
And when the story broke, there was a lot of speculation about what happened. That's all.

I don't really see how saying wait until we have the tox report is any way saying that he wasn't drunk. To me that just mean wait and see.

And yes, I saw that other outlets have released the BAL to the media.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20110622_Jackass_star_legally_drunk_at_time_of_crash.html

FULL Toxicology reports take 4-6 weeks
PRELIMINARY reports can be obtained almost immediately
The full report could show a different level, but I doubt it's going to be much less -- if anything, it could be MORE. The full report would also show whether there were other drugs in his system. Considering how high the preliminary report showed his Blood Alcohol Level to be, I think they could confidently say that he was legally drunk when he crashed his car -- maybe if the preliminary report had said that his BAL was only .09%, they would have held off

From the AP's story --

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/police-jackass-star-drunk-fatal-pa-crash-184419451.html

The force of Monday's crash shattered Dunn's 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 into several twisted and blackened pieces, leaving the car unrecognizable except for a door that was thrown from the crash. A 100-foot-long tire skid marked where the car left the roadway.

Both Dunn and Hartwell, a production assistant for the second "Jackass" movie, were severely burned. Police said they identified Dunn because of his tattoos and hair.

The toxicology report said Dunn did not have "drugs of abuse" in his system. The term encompasses illegal drugs like heroin, cocaine and marijuana, said Chief Deputy Coroner David Garver. The coroner's office was still awaiting the results of tests that would indicate the presence of prescription drugs, Garver said.