Jacinda Review

kmh1190

Purse crazed
O.G.
Feb 23, 2008
So my Jacinda came from Neiman Marcus yesterday via Fedex. All I can say is that I think this will be my one and only Kooba. I love the style of the bag but I can see what people have been saying about the leather. The leather I guess is supposed to be somewhat "distressed" and I'm sure Kooba will say that discolorations and spots add to the character of the bag. There are places where the leather glaze is thicker than others so the bag is not one uniform color, especially on the strap that comes around the front. There are small spots, mainly on the back of the purse. You can't compare the leather on my BE Love Me Mini to this which was an equivalent price. So I say, buy the Jacinda if you like the style but don't pay full price like I did.

Attachments

• kooba3.jpg
    kooba3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 141
  • kooba2.jpg
    kooba2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 137
  • kooba1.jpg
    kooba1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 136
Personally I'd return that bag. I think those "distressed" areas and "natural markings" are so just so so obvious and looks more defective than distressed. That is only my opinion. I have an Isabella and got lucky. Mine is pretty even and it does look distressed but not with that darkspotting or dark area on the front strap.
If you like the bag, ask for an exchange of a better example.

I just received my Jacinda today and the leather looks pretty even. I've seen most of the pictures look exactly like your bag, but mine doesn't.:shrugs: I guess I got lucky. Anyway, I will try and post pictures because I also purchased the jaylin (both on sale) and I promised to post comparison pictures.

I'm vacillating about the bag. I love the style and I guess my biggest peeve is that for $600 I expected it to be absolutely perfect. I know someone at work whose husband reconditions/refurbishes horse saddles. I'm going to have him look at it and see what he thinks about the quality of leather and whether or not the spots can somehow be lessened. I showed a couple of my friends Jacinda yesterday and they gushed about what a great purse she was (do I sound like I'm getting attached to her, I mean "it"???) and that made me want to keep her/it (but then again I neglected to tell them the price).

It sounds like you're not 100% happy... instead of having someone else look at the bag, I think you should exchange it. Once the bag is tampered with, you won't be able to get an exchange from wherever you bought it. I know how it feels to get a new bag and not want to part with it - but just think about how happy you would be with a perfectly flawless even-toned Jacinda.

KMH- i know what you are going throuhg becuase I went through the same thing. I ultimately decided to give it up becuase I had paid $600 for the freakin thing! I felt much better aftewards....

From reading different threads here, I'm finding that there is a huge difference from bag to bag. I don't mean between different styles, but within the same same style of bag! If you are not happy now, it's just going to bother you more later. $600 is alot of money and for that - the bag SHOULD be perfect. I would recommend returning it. You could replace it instead. The next one may be perfect!

I also got a Kooba a few days ago from Bloomingdales. I do not like the leather because it seems glazed eventhough it was not described as such. I will add a photo of the bag but it is among some others. I wanted the "Annie" for so long but after reading the review of this purse, which seems to be the same kind of leather, I will not buy it. So, two bags I have loved and given up on are the Gusttos and The Koobas.

I got my first Gustto a few days ago and eventhough I love it, I mean really love it, I do not plan to purchase any others because they, like Kooba purses, are made in China.

The photos do not really feature the Kooba but it is the Linda Ruched hobo in the small size, I think it measures about 14 wide. But, I am glad I did not invest in the larger one because I would not be happy with this kind of leather for a great deal of money. The Kooba is the little shiny hobo laying against the LV.

I took these photos because I meant to showcase my collection but I saw some of the other purchases some women own and did not feel qualified to showcase my collection :sad:

Attachments

• purse 02 - 02.jpg
    purse 02 - 02.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 89
  • purse 03 - 03.jpg
    purse 03 - 03.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 96
  • purse 05 - 05.jpg
    purse 05 - 05.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 71
  • purse 06 - 06.jpg
    purse 06 - 06.jpg