J12 for a 11 y/o boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's too much for an 11 y/o (that's if you are buying a plain one without any bling). If he's careful with his possessions and will not lose it - why not?

The Toy Watch looks cute and could work. But, I've decided to get him a water proof, water resistant sport cell phone as I believe it will be more useful for his needs. We had a long talk about this and we may revisit the watch when he's older. Thanks for all your input, I really appreciate this. :tender:

The Toy Watch looks cute and could work. But, I've decided to get him a water proof, water resistant sport cell phone as I believe it will be more useful for his needs. We had a long talk about this and we may revisit the watch when he's older. Thanks for all your input, I really appreciate this. :tender:

I was going to suggest this because I always see teenage boys oogling over them at Holt Renfrew. Their website says they are less than $200? I have never asked at Holts though.

I think you made an excellent decision. :tup:

I think you made a right decision. He'll engoy the cell betetr and you don't have to worry about it too much :smile:

Anyway Happy Birthday to your boy! he has a darling mom for sure. i wish all children had parents who are thinking about they bday presents as much as you :smile:

Sophie I just read this thread! Wow. I have to agree with Jenn - "he has been following you on your shopping excursions to Chanel!" :lol: (Maybe time to change your avatar again?! :roflmfao:)

I'm no surprise that he knows about J12 actually, but have you asked him why he likes J12? Anyway, I think J12 will be too much for your 11-yr-old. I guess you have to start educate him that he has to study hard & work hard to earn his money & buy the J12 for himself when he's bigger. It will be more valuable since you've worked hard to earn what you want too!

Oh Sophie, I know what you mean. I'm getting scared too. I have a little toddler, and at 2.5 years old, he's already noticing my preferences. I don't take him shopping often, but the other day at Saks, he saw the Chanel logo at the cosmetics counter and said "hey, that's mommy's bags!" Then we passed a rack of Missoni scarfs and he said "Mommy look! Those are your blankies!" I have no idea how he even notices such things, but it's quite scary. I sympathize with what you're going through because I will be telling my baby "No J12" at some point too. Well, maybe he can get it as a present from med school graduation. :tup:

Same here ocgirl! Since I start wearing my Chanel bags from summer 2007 & whenever I'm on TPF, my son (now 3 year old) will point at the computer & says "that's mommy bag" or "beautiful bag" etc. Plus, he loves to turn my reissue/CC flap locks too! Oh my gosh...they are so smart! :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.