J12 for a 11 y/o boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I think it is great that he appreciates the finer things in life and that you would consider getting it for him. But I have to agree with most here...It might be a bit much at this age.:smile:

No way for that age. If he wants a watch there are plenty that are nice that would 1) not be an issue if he lost or damaged it and 2) not make him a target.

Firstly burberryprincess - u have him well educated! Its amazing he knows what it is hehe, he'll definitely know how to treat his mommy when he's a bit older! :yes:

Secondly though, I do agree with the other members, its slightly too much for a boy of his age. Like someone else suggested, if he would like something fine and fashionable, maybe a nice backpack for school or a wallet along with a video game or a new console?

Not only a matter of him asking for more expensive things with every year but I also think there is a safety issue - a 12 year old with a J12 will draw alot of attention upon himself and his family, and its really hassle (or something more sinister) that you don't need!

Let us know what you decided on! :smile:

My cousin is 11 and he doesn't even know what a J12 is. All he asks for are little action figures that barely cost $10.00 and he's very happy with that.

I'd rather take the money you'd use to buy a J12 and put it in a CD or some type of investment so that when he's older he can buy 2 J12's.

Firstly burberryprincess - u have him well educated! Its amazing he knows what it is hehe, he'll definitely know how to treat his mommy when he's a bit older! :yes:

Secondly though, I do agree with the other members, its slightly too much for a boy of his age. Like someone else suggested, if he would like something fine and fashionable, maybe a nice backpack for school or a wallet along with a video game or a new console?

Not only a matter of him asking for more expensive things with every year but I also think there is a safety issue - a 12 year old with a J12 will draw alot of attention upon himself and his family, and its really hassle (or something more sinister) that you don't need!

Let us know what you decided on! :smile:

The part I bolded reminded me that your son could also possibly be a victim of theft if a robber sees he has such an expensive item. It could also be a safety hazard for him too.

Yea..I agree that he is too young to appreciate such a big gift and having a luxury item at this age might bring lots of unwanted attention to himself. Of course, you are his mother and it's ultimately up to you but imho, catering to such an excessive birthday wish for a young kid who might not really understand the value of money yet, is a bit much. Although, I guess maybe he just really loves the look of your J12 (what great taste for an 11 year old!) and doesn't know how expensive the watch is. Good Luck with your decision!

As a parent, I've never had a hard time saying "no." A simple "that is for adults" should suffice. There are lots of cool watchs that cost around 100-150. Take him shopping.

Yes, I have to say a J12 is WAY too much for someone that age. You could not (and should not) expect that a 12 year-old would be responsible for that kind of thing. I had this same discussion in the LV thread about parents buying mini papillion's for their toddlers. I couldn't disagree more. I can understand a car at 16 and maybe something more grand at graduation (like a J12)...
I'm sure you can find plenty of ways to make his birthday special. Best of luck to you!

You have a good point there. Probably a car at 17 would be a priority over J12 and maybe J12 for graduating from high school and accepted to a nice college.....depending if he is still interested by that time.

I think it is way too extreme and a J12 is not for a 12 year old. But then again, I dont know him. You do and maybe it would be okay for him. I guess it really depends on the kid.

He is responsible for his age, but it wouldn't be his everyday watch. Well, I've decided to not get it til he's older.

Wow..really? I'm hoping to get a J12 for my graduation...from University! hahaha

Your boy has extravagant tastes!

Yea..I agree that he is too young to appreciate such a big gift and having a luxury item at this age might bring lots of unwanted attention to himself. Of course, you are his mother and it's ultimately up to you but imho, catering to such an excessive birthday wish for a young kid who might not really understand the value of money yet, is a bit much. Although, I guess maybe he just really loves the look of your J12 (what great taste for an 11 year old!) and doesn't know how expensive the watch is. Good Luck with your decision!

I don't think he has extravagant taste. Actually, he doesn't know the price it goes for. If he only knows. :rolleyes: The look caught his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.