J12 for a 11 y/o boy

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I need your opinion. My 11 y/o wants a J12 in black for his birthday coming up at the end of March. I wished he asked for a Wii or PS3 game, but no he wants a J12. Is it appropriate for little boys? I don't think he's asking for diamonds, I hope not. :shocked:

2. He's 11 turning 12?

3. I think that a J12 would be a little too extreme for a 11 year old boy. Because the concerns are: will he know how to appreciate it and take care of it?! I would not want to spoil him like that. If my son asked me to buy him a J12, I would say no. Just my two cents.

4. ^ :yes: and almost teenager. You think it's too much?

5. I think it's too much. I remember when I was 11, all I got was a Barbie doll. With the weak economy right now, I would save the money for college.

6. Well, it's going to be the least expensive one for sure. He's been very good with chores and grades, so I thought maybe a reward for such.

7. I know....but he already has college fund since birth. I understand your point, though.

8. I think that's too much for someone of that age as well! I think that is more of a 16th (or older) birthday gift. Get him a watch, just not a J12.

9. Ok, thanks for your inputs, I really appreciate this. I can't agree more. Well, looks like I have to break his heart.

10. ^^I agree. I would reward my son (if I had one) with something great too if he were very good but not sumt like a j12. If you do give him that, it'll be hard to top that for his next bday. IMO, you cant top a j12! haha

11. :faint::faint::heart:H

12. That was exactly my thoughts.

13. Unless it's a car, haha.

14. That was my exact reaction when he told me he wanted a J12. :nuts:

15. Yes, I have to say a J12 is WAY too much for someone that age. You could not (and should not) expect that a 12 year-old would be responsible for that kind of thing. I had this same discussion in the LV thread about parents buying mini papillion's for their toddlers. I couldn't disagree more. I can understand a car at 16 and maybe something more grand at graduation (like a J12)...
    I'm sure you can find plenty of ways to make his birthday special. Best of luck to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.