J P TOD'S hand bag help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen this style in real life either. BUT, the nylon zippers really bother me. As moi et mes sacs mentioned above, the inside zipper marking don't look good either. THe font on the TODS embossing looks very good, they got that much right. The tods on the hardware looks sloppy and the hardware looks rough cut wearas auth TODS are very smooth and the engraving is super neat.

If you have the bag in your possesion and are brave, take it to a TODS boutique and have them look at it.

My vote is fake based on what I stated above.
CHeers,

I have not seen this style in real life either. BUT, the nylon zippers really bother me. As moi et mes sacs mentioned above, the inside zipper marking don't look good either. THe font on the TODS embossing looks very good, they got that much right. The tods on the hardware looks sloppy and the hardware looks rough cut wearas auth TODS are very smooth and the engraving is super neat.

If you have the bag in your possesion and are brave, take it to a TODS boutique and have them look at it.

My vote is fake based on what I stated above.
CHeers,
Thanks LT bag lady. I thought you may have seen this style before. I used to live abroad and all I saw of this style was fakes.

Porkeybean,

If you are looking for a 'bargain', look up the Tod's outlet in FL. They are authentic bags, new condition, discounted. If you can't locate it, let me know. I have a card (somewhere) ; )

Good luck!

From what I know, there is supposed to be GENUINE LEATHER and MADE IN ITALY embossed just below the inside zipper, one phrase lower right of zipper (in leather) the other on the lower right... are these markings present?

Also on the zipper itself should be the letters LAMPO engraved in it. Usually a nylon zipper is a dead giveaway its fake. I'm not an expert, but when I researched buying a Tod's (I bought one fake on Ebay), in the end, I did a ton of research and the markings sometimes differ with age.

Status
Not open for further replies.