J. Lo Adopting A Baby From Puerto Rico

Jan 23, 2006

Jennifer Lopez and hubby Marc Anthony are the latest celebrity couple to hop on the adoption bandwagon. It has been reported that the pair will be adopting a baby from Puerto Rico.

J.Lo has made it quite clear since her 2004 marriage that she would like to expand her family and have children. So far, however, she's had little luck. There have been reports that singer/actress had miscarriage, and is receiving IVF treatments to try to help them conceive. Jennifer has denied these claims, however.

The couple still really wants to have children, and have decided that adoption may be the answer to their prayers. They've decided that Puerto Rico would be the best place for them to look as both of their parents were born there.

A source tells the Daily Mail: "Jen and Marc are dying to have kids but it just doesn’t seem to be working for them. Jen realises she’s not getting any younger, so they’ve jointly decided that adoption may be the answer to their prayers. They’ve had some very serious conversations about it and have decided the best place to look is Puerto Rico as Jen and Marc’s parents were both born there."

For now, they are checking out the various orphanages, looking for the right one. Even with their celebrity status, it will take some time for an adoption to go through. They are also hoping that Madonna's adoption scandal will have passed by the time they are ready to adopt, as they see their adoption as a positive thing

yay adoption! my SO is adopted and it's made me think about the subject recently. there are so many kids out there that need someone to love and care for them, it's a blessing to be able to do that for a child.

I saw this just now (but who knows :shrugs:):

"Madonna, Angelina Jolie, Ewan McGregor and Meg Ryan may soon be able to initiate Jennifer Lopez and her husband Marc Anthony into their super exclusive club when they become the latest celebs to adopt a baby from an impoverished country.

Or not.

The A-list couple has denied reports they were planning to visit orphanages in Puerto Rico to find a baby with the same cultural heritage as them.

The rumour started when a source close to the couple said that: "Jen and Marc are dying to have kids but it just doesn't seem to be working for them. Jen realizes she's not getting any younger, so they've jointly decided that adoption may be the answer to their prayers."

J.Lo's made no secret of the fact she's desperate to start a family with Marc, confessing in January, "I want a baby as soon as I possibly can. I'd be so excited to find out I'm pregnant."

Despite having a music, fashion and movie empire, she added, "A baby would be just so perfect but we will just have to wait and see. Everyone must keep your fingers crossed for me."

And to think, La Lopez could have been the new Angelina Jolie...but don't give up hope just yet, you'll remember that
Madonna denied adoption reports right up until she brought baby David home from Malawi.

But if hopes and prayers don't work out for The Anthonys, hopefully science will.

The couple have reportedly undergone IVF treatment in their quest to have a child, a source said yesterday: "Jen and Marc are dying to have kids but it just doesn't seem to be working for them."