J. Crew Sizing Question - XS & XXS?

Jul 7, 2006
Hi everyone,

I have a question about J. Crew sizing. I don't buy from them often, but I want this sequin tank (http://www.jcrew.com/womens_feature/NewArrivals/teesandknits/PRDOVR~32360/32360.jsp). It's available in XS AND XXS, but I don't know which size to get! I am typically an XS in everything I wear, sometimes S if that's all that's available, but usually the smallest size. XXS is rarely available, so I don't know if it would fit me or would be too small. I read the size chart, but I still am unsure. I'm going to order it online and I know it would be a big pain if it didn't fit.

Do any experienced J. Crew-ers know? For reference, I am 5'4, 103 lbs ish, sz 24, MAYBE could fit in 25, 00, 0. I'd like to order this before it sells out in the color and size I need, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Well, this isn't going to help you much, but I own J Crew tops in XXS, XS, and S... it really depends on the cut of the top and how you want it to fit. In general, J Crew runs big, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that an XS in J Crew is equivalent to a S elsewhere. Since it looks like this top is supposed to be a bit slouchy, I'd go for the XS to give yourself a bit more room.

Thanks beachy & girliceclimber! I'm going to Century City on lunch and placed a hold on an XS (didn't have XXS)... hopefully it will fit!

And buying both is a good idea, I'd do it online with maybe a couple other things to qualify for free shipping and then return the one that doesn't fit, and I won't lose any shipping money!

You can also call from the red phone in the store to order from the website/catalog and it's always free shipping!

girliceclimber is right though, J.Crew sizing varies a lot from item to item so it's hard to predict unfortunately.

Oh I was just at J Crew on my lunch! I wish I knew about the red phone! They didn't have my size in what I wanted at the store. I put a top on hold over the phone in XS but saw it was too big in person. I totally would have ordered if I had known about the phone! Phooey. Thanks for the help!

Aw that's too bad! Well at least they have the free shipping over $150 right now.. plus I think an additional % off tees? So you can pick up some other stuff for yourself or for holiday gifts and take advantage of the free shipping.

Yeah I'm thinking of getting two of the sequin tanks (good for layering under cardigans and blazers and such and spicing up a boring outfit) and something else to make it top $150. I wish everywhere gave free shipping by now! People would buy more often if they always got free shipping!

^^Yeah, I totally agree about the shipping! How many times have you added something to your cart to get up to the free shipping amount with the intention of returning it.. but you always end up keeping it out of laziness or because you actually like it!