J Crew flats sizing?

chiapet

Nov 26, 2007
Hello (and apologies if this is a repost - since search is down:sad:)

I am wondering about the sizing on J Crew flats... I want to order some J crew.com exclusive flats... Do they usually run big? or small?

Please let me know if you have ever tried them or own them and can shed some light! TIA! :smile:

Last edited:
I own ALOT of J Crew shoes, and I always find that they flats run larger and the heels run true to size. I wear an 8, and always order that in their heels, but order 7.5 in their flats. This could just be me though, so hopefully others will chime in with their opinions!

I own ALOT of J Crew shoes, and I always find that they flats run larger and the heels run true to size.

Agreed. I always find their leather flats fit nicely only at first. Then they the leather gives, and they are too big. I've ordered a few flats which were 1/2 size smaller than my usual size and the those fit great. Perhaps the fabric flats fit differently (since I wouldn't expect them to stretch out as much).

i used to work at j crew and i always sized up
maybe its just me but i'm a 6 1/2 and the most comfortable ones i have are 7 1/2
my feet aren't wide or anything
i have flats in 6 1/2, 7, and 7 1/2
the only ones i could wear for my 9 hour shift were the 7 1/2
every other ones squashed my pinky toes

I would say they run about a quarter of a size too big (too specific, haha?)

Most shoes I wear in an 8.5-9 and I have both J.Crew flats and find the 8.5 fit great after breaking in and the 9 are too big to start with and my feet slip out.

Agreed. I always find their leather flats fit nicely only at first. Then they the leather gives, and they are too big. I've ordered a few flats which were 1/2 size smaller than my usual size and the those fit great. Perhaps the fabric flats fit differently (since I wouldn't expect them to stretch out as much).

I agree with this. While most of the JCrew flats I own are my true size (7.5) after a while they stretch out just a tad. I have also ordered a half size down when they are out of my size and they seem to fit a little snug then stretch out to a comfy fit.

I thought they were way too tight. My normal size 7.5 were pinching pretty badly in the toe box, so I exchanged for an 8, much better! I'm just going to buy their flats in size 8 from now on.

I say size up!