J. Crew Coat Question

I have the lady coat in black with thinsulate in petite 2 and it fits me perfectly! I'm 5'3. I can also fit into regular size 0...but I think the petite is more fitted for my frame. Just fyi, the sleeves are shorter on petites sizes and definitely size up when ordering petite!

Ooops! Sorry, I forgot to say that I am a regular size 2 and small at J Crew so I am looking for a regular size LDC with thinsulate. I am debating whether I should size up to a 4 because I have proportionally broader shoulders...

If you wear a 2 regular, then you should be fine in a size 2 coat. You only need to size up for the petites. Even with the thinsulate, you should be fine. But if you want the Lady Day Coat, you'll have to get it fast! There's been a lot of outerwear promos at J Crew the last week and I think they're moving the coats out! It's just getting cold here in MN so we have a long winter yet to go, but retail is always a few months ahead ;)

Last edited:
I just got a lady day coat last week! This is my third J.Crew coat but I think it's my favorite. I got black, with Thinsulate. Normally, I am a Theory 00 (smaller than J.Crew 0) so their coats fit OK but are a little big. The LDC fits great in the shoulders and sleeves and even through the torso- better than my other J.Crew coats. The hip area is a little more generous but that makes it easier to walk I guess. This one I would say runs TTS/even a little small for J.Crew.

Wow! Most of you must be really tiny. I am only 5'4" and 120 and have a Lady Day Coat in a 6. I can wear a sweater under it, but found this coat to be really slim cut. My other J Crew coats are all 2s or 4s.

To the OP, the Lady Day is more fitted than the Plaza. It is a gorgeous coat.