♥ Aesthete ♥
O.G.
Oct 11, 2007
US

Attachments

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
i've seen the beige version with silver handles irl. i don't understand the point of the mismatched colors. it's price friendly for those who can't afford the hillier, but for $100 more you can get a better version, so it's worth saving up for it.

acschjenn

O.G.
Sep 18, 2008
LA
I just heard about Jcrew's wannabe Hillier yesterday. I was suggesting bags for my friend to buy and told her a Hillier might be what she's looking for. Then I showed her a pic and she mentioned that Jcrew had something that looked exactly like it. I forgot to check last night, but this definitely confirms it. Tsk tsk!

PS Misses the "Marc"... hehe

pursemonkey

monkeyseemonkeybuy
O.G.
Jul 3, 2008
Where It's At
I expect this from Forever 21, but J. Crew?? *tsk, tsk* And like Tad said, the real deal isn't all that much more costly, so what's the point?

paula_rose

On a carousel
O.G.
yowza!! I can understand why Jcrew would attempt copy-catting the style (cuz its so damn gorgeous!) but ita with Tad- What's up with Mismatched handles?? Definitely gives it a cheap look and why not save up for something that will last you forever as opposed to something thats fug and will most likely fall apart in under a year

helladesigner

♥ Aesthete ♥
O.G.
Oct 11, 2007
US
i've seen the beige version with silver handles irl. i don't understand the point of the mismatched colors. it's price friendly for those who can't afford the hillier, but for $100 more you can get a better version, so it's worth saving up for it.
PS Misses the "Marc"... hehe

Yeah, the mismatched handles definitely do add a bizarre element to the bag, not attractive. Maybe they did that because they wanted it to look a bit more "distinct" from the original Hillier hobo? And even viewing the leather, it doesn't look half as smooshy and nice as the leather generally does on MbMJ bags. I'd definitely splurge $100 more on the real deal :smile:

And hehe, acschjenn, I know I'm a huge dork! But I just had to... ;)

nekostar0412

Bitten by the CHANEL Bug
O.G.
Jul 28, 2007
I saw this bag earlier this year and forgot to post about it on here! I was disgusted when I saw this online - made me wonder how many other items do they copy from other designers then?