Ivory or cream colored wallet - too much trouble to maintain?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I'm obsessing over a new wallet. I've pretty much always had black, brown, tan colors. I'm thinking cream color would be neutral and go with everything. But would I have to be cleaning it all the time? I saw a nice Marc by Marc Jacobs one yesterday but I don't know if I want to spend $200 on something that will get trashed. Maybe better to get something less expensive if I want a really light color. Anyone have a wallet this color in soft leather? Is it a pain to take care of?:confused1:

I love white and cream bags, but I'd have too much trouble keeping a wallet clean. The bags are enough work!! Also, I don't spend a lot on white accessories because I don't want to freak out over every little spot. I do have a Tod's in light tan, but I don't use it a lot and obsess over cleaning the corners after every use and before putting it away.

Personally, I've carried either white or pastel colored wallets for years and I've never had any problems. I found it pretty easy to keep them clean, since the wallet is inside your bag it's kinda protected. The only problem could be color transfer from the lining of your bag, but that depends on the bag you use. But that's just my experience...

Personally, I've carried either white or pastel colored wallets for years and I've never had any problems. I found it pretty easy to keep them clean, since the wallet is inside your bag it's kinda protected. The only problem could be color transfer from the lining of your bag, but that depends on the bag you use. But that's just my experience...

You must have a very clean purse lol! I'm super messy and careless my purse has some random things and its cluttered so for me its the opposite since the wallet is in my bag its prone to more scratches and scuffs from my other items in the bag. I have a gucci britt wallet that has been through a war in my bag lol! It has a lot of minor scuffs/scratches on it but it doesn't make any sense for me to carry it in a dustbag inside my purse to protect it although I know one person who does :shocked: its bizarre anyways and you have to know that since its a wallet your hand oils will be all over it too thats why I stick to dark I can't imagine what it will look like if my wallet was white and I don't think I would want to. I have a white bal city and I have to really treat her otherwise she will be so messed up and nasty. Plus with the white I'm seriously constantly inspecting it to make sure nothing got on it :sad:

I just thought of something else as well - a wallet is something you "handle" a lot more - I have to touch it a lot more than I have to touch my bag, so in my mind that makes it worse.

I think that I would probably get a cheaper white or cream colored leather wallet, like Mundi or...why can't I think of another one right now....but anyhow, you can go to your local Department store and get one for about $30 or $40, and not invest so much in it, just to test drive it to see how it holds up.