Ivory flap in lambskin

cityivy

O.G.
Apr 15, 2006
I'm considering buying an ivory mini in lambskin (a chevron mini has been on my wishlist for years). Is it too impractical and delicate? I'm afraid of stains and especially color transfer. Anyone want to share his/her experience with an ivory bag? Thanks!

It will definitely be high maintenance. The lamb will pick up dirt on the corners just from setting it down, and, as lamb scuffs easily anyway along those corners, the ivory will show that more. I had for a bit the limited edition NYC lucky charms reissue 226, I will see if I can find a pic. It was really my only white bag I bought, and it was even in CALF! and it picked up everything despite me wearing only a few times. What surprised me the most was the white stitching collecting dirt. My gosh was it beautiful though!! If you have a ton of bags, and this is just an occasion bag then why not? But if this is a huge purchase for you, and you want to use regularly....I mean...you might be frustrated later.

Attachments

• F52250DC-C72A-4E10-A9EF-FE6C4C02E33E_1_201_a.jpeg
    F52250DC-C72A-4E10-A9EF-FE6C4C02E33E_1_201_a.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6297.jpeg
    IMG_6297.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 88
I don’t recommend lamb esp in light color. Very high maintenance (color transfer, dirty, etc) and doesn’t aged well. I have a classic flap in salmon color lamb from 10 years ago and barely carries it (like less than 10 times total). The color faded and leather condition is bad esp the corners. I also have a white caviar hybrid reissue flap and this one is still in great condition. If you rly want an ivory bag, I suggest caviar (classic flap) or calf (reissue). Hope this help and good luck deciding!

Reactions: cityivy
It will definitely be high maintenance. The lamb will pick up dirt on the corners just from setting it down, and, as lamb scuffs easily anyway along those corners, the ivory will show that more. I had for a bit the limited edition NYC lucky charms reissue 226, I will see if I can find a pic. It was really my only white bag I bought, and it was even in CALF! and it picked up everything despite me wearing only a few times. What surprised me the most was the white stitching collecting dirt. My gosh was it beautiful though!! If you have a ton of bags, and this is just an occasion bag then why not? But if this is a huge purchase for you, and you want to use regularly....I mean...you might be frustrated later.
Thanks for your advice. I have a lot of bags, so an ivory one would only be used for special occasions. But the dirt on the corners and in the stitching too (gasp) gives me pause about buying it. The bag is truly beautiful...ivory in chevron and LGHW, but it's quite a bit of money for something that I would be afraid to use...

I don’t recommend lamb esp in light color. Very high maintenance (color transfer, dirty, etc) and doesn’t aged well. I have a classic flap in salmon color lamb from 10 years ago and barely carries it (like less than 10 times total). The color faded and leather condition is bad esp the corners. I also have a white caviar hybrid reissue flap and this one is still in great condition. If you rly want an ivory bag, I suggest caviar (classic flap) or calf (reissue). Hope this help and good luck deciding!
I also have a salmon mini in lamb I bought a few months ago (19B), but haven't used it yet. Lamb bags are so beautiful but yeah I don't use them as often bc I'm afraid to damage them. Somehow I'm not into the look of caviar for minis. The lambskin looks much more luxurious. And the calfskin looks too casual to me, especially since the ivory bag wouldn't be an everyday bag for me.