I've sold my one and only birkin 30

Mar 3, 2016
I hope that i will never regret. I sold my used birkin N stamp at cost. I realised that i had not been using it as i find hand carry bags a hassle and it's really very heavy. So i decided to cash it out to get another lindy 30 which I used alot and it's really very practical for me. I just thought that i can't justify spending so much on a bag but rarely use it despite birkin is a must have for hermes lovers. It was my dream bag. But after owning it, it's not anymore... anyone is with me?

i totally agree with your decision. The world is so full of waste and depreciation, hence there is a tremendous beauty in simplicity and deep appreciation. And lets say like your friend tells you you will regret in the future, it may be just a bittersweet memory of a lonely birkin bag sitting in your closet.
I love my lindy (whisper- more than my birkins, shhhh)

I don't think it's true that any H bag is a must for anyone, not unless we're running an H handbag museum anyway. Different strokes... I think you totally did the right thing and I'm not someone that sells a lot of bags or changes their mind about purchases very often.

The weight of our bags is very important, especially if we carry them for more than car to 'x' and back again. I don't mind a little weight but I also notice the heavier bags don't get carried for more than a couple of days before my whole body (and soul) tell me to switch.

No dear, theres no point keeping a bag that you dont use. Although it works for others, Im glad you have identified another bag that would work for you. :smile:

I agree with xiangxiang0731, get a bag that you love & fit your wardrobe, rather than guessing which has a better resale value. Market is always shifting based on the demand & trends.

Otherwise, you might fall out of love & end up selling it, which by then there is a risk of the market might not be hot for the combo anymore.

Reactions: prepster
I hope that i will never regret. I sold my used birkin N stamp at cost. I realised that i had not been using it as i find hand carry bags a hassle and it's really very heavy. So i decided to cash it out to get another lindy 30 which I used alot and it's really very practical for me. I just thought that i can't justify spending so much on a bag but rarely use it despite birkin is a must have for hermes lovers. It was my dream bag. But after owning it, it's not anymore... anyone is with me?

Elegance involves having the self-awareness to build a wardrobe uniquely suited to your style and life. If Lindy is "your" bag, she's the way to go! It isn't a lesser bag or a lower ranking bag than a B or K, it's just different. Chic women carry every H bag.

How boring would it be if we all dressed alike? Each Hermes bag seems crafted with an entirely different woman (or occasion) in mind. I love that. I adore Bs on other women but sold mine because it turned out to be not quite what I needed.

That's what's special about H. They don't make one bag for one age/lifestyle/personality. If you're ladylike, sporty, bohemian, gamine, working, stay-at-home, outdoorsy, city girl.. whatever...there is a beautiful bag at H for you. Kudos to you for being true to yourself! :smile:

Last edited:
Kudos for making a decision that was right for you! As much as I like the B for others, I have not yet invested in one for myself due to the very issue of weight. My solution and choice is very simple, the plume. It is a hand carried bag, lightweight ( why it's named the plume) easier to get into with one zipper or open tote style, and a lot less expensive. I love the minimal, clean lines of a plume too. Plus it is under the radar so I don't feel so self conscious carrying it into meetings or events. I've not tried a Lindty, but it sounds like you like the shoulder carry option so that works well for you. We all have different needs and lifestyles, and H does a great job designing for their customer base.

It takes a lot of guts to follow your heart and kudos to you for doing what's right for you! Sometimes people get caught up in all the reveals and what others are buying and end up with things that suit other people's lifestyles not theirs. That's not the way to go! I am so happy you realized and did what would suit your own lifestyle! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Thank you so much for the support! I was expecting some will call me stupid to have sold my one and only birkin.
I am eyeing a used lindy as I find the price hike too high from previous years.

Follow your heart. No point keeping the bag for the "just in case of regrets." I've sold several and haven't missed them a bit. Too heavy for my and not practical in my life. No biggie.Now, get the perfect Lindy that you love. Don't worry about what color is good for resale. Find a color that makes your heart sing and carry her in good health. :flowers: