I've sold my one and only birkin 30

Yes I found a colour that I want but it's used. I went to view that lindy in clemence yesterday and surprised to find the leather upon long storage is so squishy. The zipper pull is so soft that pulling it made me feel that it will break off anytime. Is that normal and does anyone has problem with the super soft zipper? I had never encountered an old lindy and surprised to see this. Owner said it'snormal and she rarely use the bag!

Kudos for making a decision that was right for you! As much as I like the B for others, I have not yet invested in one for myself due to the very issue of weight. My solution and choice is very simple, the plume. It is a hand carried bag, lightweight ( why it's named the plume) easier to get into with one zipper or open tote style, and a lot less expensive. I love the minimal, clean lines of a plume too. Plus it is under the radar so I don't feel so self conscious carrying it into meetings or events. I've not tried a Lindty, but it sounds like you like the shoulder carry option so that works well for you. We all have different needs and lifestyles, and H does a great job designing for their customer base.

The Plume's not that much less in cost than a 32 Returne K or even a 30 Birkin since a 32 is $8.7K before tax, but yes there are some great pre-loved bargains out there :tup: fantastic bag. Bolides are also gorgeous classic bags and totally H.

Yes I found a colour that I want but it's used. I went to view that lindy in clemence yesterday and surprised to find the leather upon long storage is so squishy. The zipper pull is so soft that pulling it made me feel that it will break off anytime. Is that normal and does anyone has problem with the super soft zipper? I had never encountered an old lindy and surprised to see this. Owner said it'snormal and she rarely use the bag!

Sounds like your gut's telling you the bag's not for you.

Clemence is more undulating rather than "squishy" or if swift it should look very elegant even with some 'give'. The Lindy's one of those bags that has to be made of leather that yields because it needs to be able to bend and flex. What you're describing with the zipper doesn't sound normal to me at all but then I've only tried new examples.

I am on a lookout for lindy. Will you go for classic colours or seasonal colours if we want good resale value?
Buy the Lindy which you will definitely use, the size and colour which you are most comfortable with and don't think too much about resell value because if you do that, you would baby the bag too and would think about the future more than immersing deep into present enjoyment.
Let's not buy H like a woman who marries with a divorce back up plan.

Buy the Lindy which you will definitely use, the size and colour which you are most comfortable with and don't think too much about resell value because if you do that, you would baby the bag too and would think about the future more than immersing deep into present enjoyment.
Wow! Thanks for the insights

I love it but i didn't know that it can give me so much pain. Heavy, hassles of hand carry, even if i hang it on my elbows is giving me pain. So in the end i realised that i don't like it anymore. Would rather get kelly. But again only kelly 28 looks good on me, yet it can't hold much... so i am only left with lindy 30

Reactions: prepster
I love it but i didn't know that it can give me so much pain. Heavy, hassles of hand carry, even if i hang it on my elbows is giving me pain. So in the end i realised that i don't like it anymore. Would rather get kelly. But again only kelly 28 looks good on me, yet it can't hold much... so i am only left with lindy 30

Sounds like Lindy might be a great bag for you for every day casual, and then down the road you might look for a Kelly 28 for dressier occasions. You could actually get away with only two bags. If you were to get Lindy in a color that coordinates with your daily wardrobe, you might get Kelly in a dressy noir leather, maybe PHW, so you could even carry it with evening clothes.

Reactions: papertiger
Sounds like Lindy might be a great bag for you for every day casual, and then down the road you might look for a Kelly 28 for dressier occasions. You could actually get away with only two bags. If you were to get Lindy in a color that coordinates with your daily wardrobe, you might get Kelly in a dressy noir leather, maybe PHW, so you could even carry it with evening clothes.

I thought of that too. But i had a chanel classic medium and another chanel classic reissue for dinners already. And my lifestyle involve few formal occasions other than wedding dinners maybe a few years once. So I am not sure if it justified the cost unless i sold my chanels. After my birkin experience, I've learnt to be more practical and decided to let my head rule over my heart. I do not wish to buy another 10k bag just for display :sad:

I thought of that too. But i had a chanel classic medium and another chanel classic reissue for dinners already. And my lifestyle involve few formal occasions other than wedding dinners maybe a few years once. So I am not sure if it justified the cost unless i sold my chanels. After my birkin experience, I've learnt to be more practical and decided to let my head rule over my heart. I do not wish to buy another 10k bag just for display :sad:

I'm slightly confused because your signature says you own/owned a Gold Lindy already and now have a red one:

"How did i score my lindy 30? In paris! I scored a gold, but I swap it brand new with a fellow purse lover that I trusted for a brand new red colour which i prefer."

I guess just use the one you have :tup:

Hi i had mentiom at the start of my thread i had a lindy and i use the most as it's the most practical bag hence m getting another of different colour. I swap my gold with the red already. My red is still quite new and i love it v much. M think of getting a used one as a daily beater and use my red one for shopping and hi tea. But I realised those used and seasoned ones on sale in preloved market are very soft at the strap and zipper pull compared to my new piece which is more stiff.. so i wonder after prolong usage will that happen to all lindys?

Wow ... this should be posted on every subforum on TPF! (minus the H part, of course)

Hi,
I have sold several birkins, evelyns, and garden partys and honestly don't regret any sale. The reason you sold it was because in your heart you really didn't love it that much and are eyeing something else. I love lindys for how useful they are. Cash on hand is great for when something that you really want comes available.

Reactions: prepster