I've seen men play the Sony PS1, but have you seen men carry the PS1?

I'm a guy and I've been drooling over a large PS1 in midnight. I've tried it on a million times and I would buy one in a heartbeat if only I had the funds for it.

Anyway, the point is I think the PS1 is absolutely a great guy bag. I think especially the L and XL sizes are totally unisex.

Thanks everyone for their (super duper helpful) input! :biggrin: It's too bad there's no Proenza Schouler store in Canada... (unless there is... someone please correct me if I'm wrong!) I guess I'll wait til my next trip to NYC :smile:

I'm definitely leaning towards either a large or XL PS1 military or black :smile:

Thanks everyone for their (super duper helpful) input! :biggrin: It's too bad there's no Proenza Schouler store in Canada... (unless there is... someone please correct me if I'm wrong!) I guess I'll wait til my next trip to NYC :smile:

I'm definitely leaning towards either a large or XL PS1 military or black :smile:

I'm happy to report you are indeed mistaken, although I don't know where in Canada you are. Proenza Schouler is sold at INTERMIX here in Toronto, as well as The Room at the Bay.

Micole said:
I'm happy to report you are indeed mistaken, although I don't know where in Canada you are. Proenza Schouler is sold at INTERMIX here in Toronto, as well as The Room at the Bay.

That's excellent! Thanks for the correction :smile: I work in downtown Toronto so I'll definitely check it out when I have time. :biggrin:

Sorry in advance for the double post!

It's been over a month since I posted about daydreaming about the PS1, and lately, I've been thinking about it more often than usual. I usually sleep on it whenever I contemplate about making big purchases, and seeing as a PS1 bag is a rather large purchase, I slept on it for weeks. But I still want one! /rant over

It also dawned on me that I will be out of Toronto soon and back in school in September for my last year of undergrad and then Masters studies! So... a bunch of questions came to mind:

1) I'm leaning towards the Large PS1. Medium was definitely out of the question, and I was worried the XL would be too big for everyday use. I usually carry my macbook pro 13-inch, laptop charger, water bottle, pencil case, wallet, and other small misc items. Would all of these fit inside a Large PS1?

2) Is the PS1 sturdy? I keep seeing posts about screws falling off/loosening and seeing as I plan to use this as an everyday school bag, I'm worried it'll fall apart while I carry my school stuff.

3) How long is the strap? I want to carry it on my shoulder as well as crossbody but I'm not sure if the strap is too short. I'm 5'10".

4) I know this is more of a personal taste kind of question, but which colour would you pick: Black or military?

If someone could answer those questions, I'd be forever grateful!! Thanks so much in advance :smile:

Last edited:
1) I'm leaning towards the Large PS1. Medium was definitely out of the question, and I was worried the XL would be too big for everyday use. I usually carry my macbook pro 13-inch, laptop charger, water bottle, pencil case, wallet, and other small misc items. Would all of these fit inside a Large PS1?
Abit tight for Large with all the things you mentioned. Medium is a no no for guys

2) Is the PS1 sturdy? I keep seeing posts about screws falling off/loosening and seeing as I plan to use this as an everyday school bag, I'm worried it'll fall apart while I carry my school stuff.
Some swear by it. some have issues. Though I won't reco carrying the bag on the handle when you have a laptop innit

3) How long is the strap? I want to carry it on my shoulder as well as crossbody but I'm not sure if the strap is too short. I'm 5'10".
Can crossbody

4) I know this is more of a personal taste kind of question, but which colour would you pick: Black or military?
Midnight Blue or Military

Also looking to get a PS1! Does anyone have pic of men modeling PS1 L vs XL?

I am in asia and not sure where I can find one in both sizes iRL to do a comparison!

TIA!

nielnielniel said:
Abit tight for Large with all the things you mentioned. Medium is a no no for guys

Some swear by it. some have issues. Though I won't reco carrying the bag on the handle when you have a laptop innit

Can crossbody

Midnight Blue or Military

Thanks!! I'm gonna call a local store and see if they have any of the large ones in those colors in stock :smile: fingers crossed...

Heartbreaking!

Went into the intermix store in Toronto and they only had the black suede in large left. I then went to the room at the bay and they only had the medium or extra large in black leather. So hard to find a large leather ps1 :sad: guess I could order online...

If there are any canadians that have ordered a PS bags online, are there hefty duty charges? Any help would be appreciated.

Sad day :sad:

Heartbreaking!

Went into the intermix store in Toronto and they only had the black suede in large left. I then went to the room at the bay and they only had the medium or extra large in black leather. So hard to find a large leather ps1 :sad: guess I could order online...

If there are any canadians that have ordered a PS bags online, are there hefty duty charges? Any help would be appreciated.

Sad day :sad:
That's what I want to know!

How does buying from the States compare to finding it in Toronto? Will it be that much more?

Sorry for such a long post.

I have been debating whether or not to get the PS1 as well for years. And finally decided to buy one. I was there thinking for about half an hour between large and XL, with the different color choices!
I must say, it was hard.. But I ended up with the Large Midnight Blue! The color is amazing, quality is just beautiful, and the way it's a bit more angular makes it look like a men's messenger.

The only drawback would have to be the strap length on the Large. It isn't as long as the XL, and I didn't really like that, but the XL in my opinion was a bit too large (Although I do use the Keepall 45 for everyday). For reference, I'm 5'9" and average. The size of the large is a good proportion to my body, except the length, but I am okay with it since it will eventually wear and sag a little. And the $300 price jump was another reason why I was a bit hesitant.

Good luck to you! I believe it's a great investment piece. Classic and will last you for a while.

Oops, just saw you made a new post!

My sales associate told me that the 13" is meant to fit perfectly into the large and an ipad in the front pocket of it.

By comparing the large and XL together today IRL, I noticed that the XL has a strap that wraps around the metal where it hooks onto the bag and looks a lot sturdier than the large. The large has a somewhat skinny metal hook thing that seems like it would snap if the bag was too heavy. Kind of sketch. I'll have to see how that holds with my ipad and other miscellaneous items.

I kind of talk about the strap being too short, it does cross body, but ends up being above my butt area, so like in the middle of your torso-ish. I kind of have a long torso, that might be my reasoning.

I saw both, including the Midnight Blue, I seriously have to say, they are all equally amazing. I went with blue because I have plenty of black bags, and for military, I wasn't bold enough yet to reach out of my dark/universal/practical color.

Once again, this is an extremely long post. I practically wrote a short essay. I tend to describe a bit too much. Hopefully this was helpful? :smile:

Last edited:
Once again, this is an extremely long post. I practically wrote a short essay. I tend to describe a bit too much. Hopefully this was helpful? :smile:
Trust me - it was really helpful! Thanks so much brandonjeon! :smile: I think I have my heart set on a large black leather PS1 (midnight is gorgeous too, but I have zero black bags so I need something basic to start haha).

When I tried the large PS1 in store, I also found the strap to be surprisingly short. When I carried it on one shoulder, the length was fine (the bag hit my hip area) but I didn't even bother trying it cross-body because I know it would definitely hit my mid-back area which I think might look silly. Oh well! I guess that'll be a sacrifice I'll have to make for such a beautiful bag :smile: