Ive passed on a so black boy woc for ....crazy???

Miso5oup

O.G.
Feb 11, 2010
Hi all! Ive finally bought my first Chanel piece after lurking in this forum for a month. I really wanted my first piece to be either a caviar mini or caviar woc since i have 1 yr old and a 4 yrs old. Went to the store a few times but no luck getting a mini, they had the classic woc but it wasnt my first choice... until today i saw the so black boy woc, it was nice but i really really wanted a turnlock.... i know the trendy cc has a turn lock so i randomly asked them...

Ive passed on a new season so black boy woc for a pass season blue trendy cc woc [emoji51].... in lambskin... am i playing risky? Im looking at it, sooooo nice ...but ive the impression it will look like garbage in less than a month since i wanted to buy a woc to use everyday when ill be out and about with the kids [emoji21]

Ive searched for pictures of used lambskin woc to see if they really look horrible after constant use, but no success. Im doubting my choice now, help !!!! Any lambskin woc owner here?

I don't have a lambskin woc but I have seen preloved ones online.

You can look on eBay, fashionphile and yoogis closet to look at what used lambskin wocs look like.

If you want to use it everyday and have young kids. It may be worth sticking to a more sturdy leather like caviar or calfskin

Lambskin is so luxurious but I don't feel it's designed for everyday wear over a long time

If you want something that is carefree, looking into sturdier leather like caviar/calfskin would be better. On the other hand, lambskin isnt too delicate that it deteriorates badly. Unless you rub it against something hard, you'll get the normal wears like the light scuffs & scratches. And trendy cc only comes in lambskin, and its beautiful imo.

I've just replaced boy woc in lambskin with a caviar classic. The leather on the lambskin looks fine after a year but i used it occasionally and can see that if i wasn't careful it would be quite damaged already.

Lambskin is hardier than people think, BUT I would not use lambskin everyday, with kids, or cross body. So for the reasons you want it, as pretty as the Trendy is, I would say no. Like suggested above if you want a turnlock, try a distressed calf reissue woc. Very durable.

I agree with Lallybelle.

I've just replaced boy woc in lambskin with a caviar classic. The leather on the lambskin looks fine after a year but i used it occasionally and can see that if i wasn't careful it would be quite damaged already.

If you want something that is carefree, looking into sturdier leather like caviar/calfskin would be better. On the other hand, lambskin isnt too delicate that it deteriorates badly. Unless you rub it against something hard, you'll get the normal wears like the light scuffs & scratches. And trendy cc only comes in lambskin, and its beautiful imo.

You may want to consider a reissue woc?

It fulfils your criteria of everyday use without as much wear as it is distressed calfskin and has a working turnlock

Thank you for the inputs! Ive been debating for a few weeks to buy the trendy cc or be patient and wait for a caviar mini since i really dont like the snap button. I guess my heart was taken away by the trendy cc and frozen my brain lol.

Here we only get credit, no refund and only 14 days ... feeling kinda stupid at some point to buy blue lambskin, will so prone to discolouration but at the same time i dont want to let go [emoji24]

Thank you for the inputs! Ive been debating for a few weeks to buy the trendy cc or be patient and wait for a caviar mini since i really dont like the snap button. I guess my heart was taken away by the trendy cc and frozen my brain lol.

Here we only get credit, no refund and only 14 days ... feeling kinda stupid at some point to buy blue lambskin, will so prone to discolouration but at the same time i dont want to let go [emoji24]

If you really love & can afford it, keep it. My classic flap is lambskin and love it. I don't want to trade it for caviar. The leather just feels so supple. I don't use it as an everyday bag though because I like to keep my bags looking like new for as long as I can.

Just because a leather is hardy doesn't mean you'll love it. Maybe try find another woc or mini in a sturdier leather and see if you love it.

If you have the budget you can also consider an reissue 224. There is a significant price leap though I believe.

Reactions: Miso5oup
If you really love & can afford it, keep it. My classic flap is lambskin and love it. I don't want to trade it for caviar. The leather just feels so supple. I don't use it as an everyday bag though because I like to keep my bags looking like new for as long as I can.

Just because a leather is hardy doesn't mean you'll love it. Maybe try find another woc or mini in a sturdier leather and see if you love it.

If you have the budget you can also consider an reissue 224. There is a significant price leap though I believe.

Yea, i think ill keep it and just use it as a special occasion bag for now until the kids dont need me to carry them. I dont think ill get the classic woc, will wait for a camellia or chevron instead, is it still snap button?

I wanted to get the classic flap in m/l but found out it cant be crossbody, reason why ive shifted my mind to a mini and a woc. Ive seen a nice reissue woc in the forum but it was last season, im too late

Yea, i think ill keep it and just use it as a special occasion bag for now until the kids dont need me to carry them. I dont think ill get the classic woc, will wait for a camellia or chevron instead, is it still snap button?

I wanted to get the classic flap in m/l but found out it cant be crossbody, reason why ive shifted my mind to a mini and a woc. Ive seen a nice reissue woc in the forum but it was last season, im too late
Yes. Keep it. I sold my black caviar boy woc. The snap popper is annoying. Really, really annoying.

Each season brings new type of closures on the WOCs. This season we saw magnetic closures on the boy WOCs. I'm sure Chanel will come out with Camellias and Chevrons with other closures (beside snap button) in future seasons. I've heard from soooo many people the snap button is annoying. I wouldn't worry so much...I'm sure you'll find something you like in coming seasons. Just be patient and enjoy your trendy woc for now :smile:

Reactions: Miso5oup