I've ordered my first PRADA....

After hmming....and hawing...I've ordered my first PRADA!!! :yahoo:
It's from NM and won't arrive for awhile because I live in the North Pole but I'm monitoring FEDEX like a demon...
It's a pebbled leather top handle with cross-body strap (I'd asked you all what it was and where I could find it ~ thanks:biggrin:)
Am debating whether it will be a Christmas prezzie from my honey, whether I'll keep it until the new year as a 40th bday prize from me to me....somehow think I may fall in love and just break it out right away:graucho:
Sorry for all of the smilies but I'm excited and needed to share!

Congratulations! I remember getting super giddy over my first Prada purchase and I still get all giddy! They are such special bags.

Post pics when she arrives!

What is the weather like in the North Pole? I am already cursing the 40F weather here north of NYC!

Good for you!!! I ordered my new pebbled leather tote on Monday from the Prada on Bloor Street in Toronto! I can't wait to get mine too, make sure you post pictures when you get it!!! Congrats!

Any snow yet?? We're at 10C ( 50F )here today.

Got my 1st prada bag...and sent it back...boo.
I ordered it from NM as I mentioned. The description said silvertone hardware but when it arrived it was gold...hmmmed and hawed but decided to return it.
Might have gotten past the gold (which was lovely just not my preference) but the removable strap was shorter than I anticipated...
I like to have the cross body option but am 5'9" (+ heels:smile:) and the strap was really too short to allow the satchel to hang nicely...
SOOOO
The hunt continues for my 40th bday prezzie from me to me:
I'd like a medium sized (so it's not too heavy) top handle with a long cross body strap option in smooshy black leather...
Suggestions?

Awwww.. boo.. That's too bad.

Well, have you considered this one (attached).
The picture I have here has gold hardware, except one with silver hardware pops up on Bluefly often enough. I've tried this one on in person and found it a bit large/long on me when handheld.. but I am 5'2. :P

It is significantly bigger than the one you returned though (assuming you went for the doctor bag looking satchel).

tree

Attachments

• 0416600412448R_CBLACK_300x400.jpg
    0416600412448R_CBLACK_300x400.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 96
Here's the one I got, which is bigger than the one you returned but smaller than the previous one I posted.

I love this bag - the shoulder straps are definitely long enough for crossbody. The handles fit over the shoulder, yet the whole thing is not too big/long when hand held. The only thing is that it has gold harware... I haven't seen one with silver yet.

I got mine on Bluefly after some serious stalking and compulsive hitting of the refresh button (it was in someone else's shopping bag when I saw it) :P.. but I've since spotted it at Holts.

tree

Attachments

• prodImage.jpg
    prodImage.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 93
Here's the one I got, which is bigger than the one you returned but smaller than the previous one I posted.

I love this bag - the shoulder straps are definitely long enough for crossbody. The handles fit over the shoulder, yet the whole thing is not too big/long when hand held. The only thing is that it has gold harware... I haven't seen one with silver yet.

I got mine on Bluefly after some serious stalking and compulsive hitting of the refresh button (it was in someone else's shopping bag when I saw it) :P.. but I've since spotted it at Holts.

tree

Love yours! prefer that shape to the squarer one...i am now on the hunt! vitello?