I've made a big decision, wanted to share!

fendigal

baguette collector
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Some of you may have noticed my absence lately. Also, I have appear to have turned to the dark side and become a resaler.
I haven't lost my love of handbags, I still get the purse thrill with my purchases:nuts:, but I have made a big decision.
I have decided to go back to school and take a few prereq's, then the MCAT, followed by applying to medical school.
I am a physical therapist now. I work for doctors and one of my patient's was a med school professor. She has encouraged me and I have been given some encouragement by another doctor as well. I am old for a med student, 43, but I feel this is what I really want the rest of my life to be.
As some of you may know, the cost of med school is astronomical, so I will have to change my ways for a while. Don't be surprised if you see my stuff on Ebay, I will be stashing away money like a squirrel with its nuts.
I still want to hang out on the PF when I can and get some girl talk as a break though, but I have a lot of studying to do for my prereq's as well. My husband and I are taking our last real vacation in September and then the party is over.

Number one choice would be physiatrist, doctor of physical medicine, it would be more of a natural transition from physical therapy. I have also thought of radiology or family practice. I am more concerned with MCAT scores than residency matches now. LOL!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance:What a decision!!! I am soooo excited for you! You are NEVER too old to go for what will make you happy. I've been wondering where you have been and was getting ready to PM you when I found this thread. Congratulations K!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance:What a decision!!! I am soooo excited for you! You are NEVER too old to go for what will make you happy. I've been wondering where you have been and was getting ready to PM you when I found this thread. Congratulations K!

Let's see how I do in organic chem, before you congratulate me, P. Luckily, the DH is a chemist, I have my own personal tutor.

Congratulations. It will be a lot of hard work but worth it. I remember some of my friends in med. school they said it was hard but then there came a time where they went with the flow and it just all fell in to place. Some of their friends were older and they were the ones who seemed to have their act together with being able to cope than the younger students right out of college.
I wish you the best. Congratulations again.