I've made a big decision, wanted to share!

congrats on taking the first step and making the desicion to go! i am sure youll do fine with the classes and the mcat. dont let your age stand in the way of your dreams! i think its awesome that you are going back and working towards your goals.

I honestly think things happen for a reason. If I hadn't moved to Philadelphia and taken this job with these doctors, I would have never dreamed of this. Strangely, being around a lot of doctors makes it all seem like it is the realm of possibilities. I just can't see myself in the same place for 25 years before retiring. So I've decided to go on this adventure.
One of my pre-med friends said, "What have you got to lose, even if you try and fail, you still have your career as a physical therapist." I think that was the turning point.

Congratulations to you! 43 is NOT old & w/ your own personal tutor YOU will get through it! I had to do 9 months of prep for the LSAT for law school (I am a good student BUT I am HORRIBLE at standardized tests) and there were tears involved but its like childbirth, you FORGET the pain!

I really applaud you for parting w/ some of your bags to better yourself! Congrats, good luck & GO FOR IT!

Good for you! I'm interested in medcine as well, and a remember reading a post on another website about a man entering med school in his late 30's. His wife said to him, "Do you want to be 40 and be in med school?". He said he was going to turn 40 anyways, and it might as well be doing something he loved. That post made me smile, so I thought I'd share it with you because you're a non-traditional student as well. PM me if you'd like the link to the student doctor site I read it on (you've proably seen it before; it's very popular). Good luck with the MCAT. :tup:

Hey, I may have totally lost my sanity, but there is no harm in trying! I told my DH I would sell everything but my grandmother's china ( a prized family possession) for a shot at med school.
Thank you all for understanding and being so supportive.
I found a website for older pre-meds that is helpful, too.