I've lost all faith...

LV&PugLuv

Oct 30, 2006
I've lost all faith in eBay. I've been surfing the LV listing for around an hour now, trying to see if I can get a nice, used wallet.

I kid you not, out of the 50 wallets I browsed, 48 were fake. With the nice little yellow LV card announcing it to me! :sad:

The sad part is that most of the wallets had bidders with totals over $100. Makes me wish there was a way to contact them and let them know!

So I think I'm just going to give up on eBay. I instead went to eLuxury and ordered a Perfo Cles. Wish they had them in pink still, but I'll be happy with the orange!

Until I can find a nice wallet I like, I think I'm going to use the Cles as my wallet. :wlae:

Which got me thinking...what is everyone's wallet of choice?

I still can't decide between the large wallet (with room for checkbook and stuff) or a small wallet. Maybe reading/seeing other member's wallets will help me decide. :graucho:

zippy anything or the Organizer, I only have framboise vernis zippy, but was dying for azure organizer before I realized I was dying for everything. Azure organizer up high on list still. I vote for zippy or if you like big that can be used as clutch too, organizer... YAY!

I hate ebay since I got scammed...it was a bait and switch deal so, even if the pics are real I know you may be sent a replica...you really have to know the vendors and go with a reputable one that accepts returns if you are not satisfied...ebay is for the experience...novices get ripped off everyday...get help and do your homework before buying off of ebay....

Aww, don't lose faith! It's hard, but there *are* reputable sellers out there! A while ago I posted some great deals on LV wallets (and they're from reputable sellers, I do a background check on the sellers prior to posting).

So far I have a tresor wallet (not the PTI) and a cles. The cles is a back up in case my wallet breaks down (and when it does, I'll buy a new wallet). The tresor wallet is great because it's really compact, but it only has 2 cc slots (I stack my cc's in the slots, though, and they fit just fine! What I recommend is the PTI, French wallet, and the koala wallet.

i have the zippy groom! i love it but it's huge and some day i will get a smaller one to trade off for when i use smaller bags like my epi 25 speedy. it's a little big for that one.

zippy anything or the Organizer, I only have framboise vernis zippy, but was dying for azure organizer before I realized I was dying for everything. Azure organizer up high on list still. I vote for zippy or if you like big that can be used as clutch too, organizer... YAY!

Speaking like a true addict! :roflmfao:

I'm currently using a Gucci wallet but I'm waiting for it to fall apart on me (but damn that Gucci is durable!). Once it falls apart, I'll get a damier zippy. Love the 12 c/c slots and the "organizer" style!

Don't lose faith! I don't really know how you look for LV items on eBay, but I don't really see tons fakes in my search like some other PFers say. I usually know what I'm looking for and type that in, like "vuitton epi jasmin" instead of "louis vuitton bag".

I like small wallets instead of keeping the checkbook inside, because I only use the checkbook once a month.