I've learned my Facebook lesson. No more LV on FB too much drama going on1

MsWestchesterNY

call me Kelly
Feb 4, 2010
Ok, so I was talking to my friend who lives in another city, and she goes away to Long Island for college, so we always chat via Facebook.
Well she wanted to go shopping with me, and I mentioned stopping by LV twice already, but I want to go a third time :graucho:.
Another friend of mine, sees, the convo we had going on, and joins in on the comments, asked me how much was my Speedy. I told her it was around $751 including the tax. Normally I don't tell people the price of things, but this girl is a bonafide shopaholic, with a closet anyone would kill for.
So at this point ANOTHER person sees the convo ( I really need to stop have conversations on wall posts) and they all go " OMG that's too much for a LV bag". Seriously? It's Louis Vuitton what do you expect.

So I then go to give her ideas on how to save $700 since she also wanted a bag, and this was her reply.

I will never stop drinking Starbucks, I do pack my own lunch, I haven't copped kicks since 2008. I have $750, just not for one bag. I will not give up all other things I buy or love for one LV bag when there's so many fakes, you can't even tell the difference sometimes LOL. It would just be nice.

I was so shocked I didn't even know how to reply!!! Has anyone had this happen to them?

No, this hasn't happened to me, because I really don't discuss my LV's with anyone. I celebrate my LV happiness by wearing my bags, not talking about them. I also carry my LV's like they're any other bag, and I find that I don't attract as much unwanted attention that way.

People are judgmental. At times, even here on TPF, and you'll never be able to change that, so why let it bother you? So shake the hater's off :okay:

Remember, worrying gives you wrinkles, lol.

No, but I don't like to talk about my purses or what they cost (everyone ask about that, think it's kind a rude. Not if I know this person is in to that stuff, but for the one who ask just to tell me its crazy to spend xx money on LV. ) And I would never take it out on my FB wall...
I use tpf to brag about my purses, LOL

ITA!!:tup:
No, but I don't like to talk about my purses or what they cost (everyone ask about that, think it's kind a rude. Not if I know this person is in to that stuff, but for the one who ask just to tell me its crazy to spend xx money on LV. ) And I would never take it out on my FB wall...

Ditto.
I have a select few with whom i share cost and wants and can go into detail - others i keep out of it. People just dont get into it as much as i do, and i hate to have to justify....

Only a close friend will get a private response on the cost of any of my things, other than that, people can use the internet to find their own answer.

Tell your friend that LV lovers can spot a fake whether from afar or up close. I haven't seen a fake that can pass yet.

True, it was oringinally a conversation between one friend and me, and this is the only way we keep in contact. But since she's a good friend, I didn't mind telling her about the bag price because I honestly thought she was going to buy one as well, and wanted to know exactly what she was getting into. I feel really stupid right now, for even talking about it on Facebook.
My ex roommate also had a problem with me buying it, saying I should be paying her rent instead, which made me feel offended.
But FB is the only way for me to keep in contact with my friends ( the ones I actually care about, not the friends, that are just 'there')
*sigh* what's a gal to do....

I have encountered this but it is with my sisters. I think of it this way, I would never share with anyone (except my husband) how much money I make so I will not share how much money I spend :smile:

Ugh, I had a similar experience last night at a going-away party for a friend. I was carrying my BH and someone commented on it, asking if it was new and I told her I had had it for a few months already.

She started telling me about Coach and how she gets their e-mails and I said that yes, I get them too. So a friend chimes in and says: "Oh, Nadine doesn't carry Coach anymore. Only Louis will do for her."

Talk about making me sound like a complete snob in front of 15 other women! :censor:

Sorry to thread jack, but I know how you feel! I'm in one of those "I'm only going to buy Epi bags" moods right now! :P

A while ago I posted pics of my collection on FB (before I was really active in the forum). I am proud of my collection and wanted to show it off. That was one of the worst decisions i have made in a while. I got an ear ful from family and friends who just do not understand. Delete the convo and don't put pics up either. That is my best advice.